Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Could still easily see PL VAR giving a pen for that.

Was really impressed by the French ref in Madrid too, hope he gets more games.

Interesting. Thought the French ref was horrible personally. Akanji could’ve easily been sent off as he had four yellow card worthy fouls and while he had no other major decisions to make he messed up a lot of small ones. Any other big game decisions and he would’ve bottled it for sure.

Just now, Flip said:

Interesting. Thought the French ref was horrible personally. Akanji could’ve easily been sent off as he had four yellow card worthy fouls and while he had no other major decisions to make he messed up a lot of small ones. Any other big game decisions and he would’ve bottled it for sure.

Yeah but you're a soft cheating Brazilian, Felipao.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Saka diving instead of scoring the easy goal is nuts :lol:

It really did look like he was going to go past him then realized he’s supposed to dive and just sort of jumped a bit. Got caught between two stools as it were.

The pretending to be injured was the icing on the cake :lol:

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

Officiating in Euro games is such a wild card, you can either get terrible handball ultras or really really good refs you've never heard of before.

Unlike the premiership where it's universally dreadful, at least its consistent [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah but you're a soft cheating Brazilian, Felipao.

:lol: Bellingham was doing the cheating tonight though. 

Just now, Flip said:

:lol: Bellingham was doing the cheating tonight though. 

Don't put that shit on me, didn't see any Finns cheating tonight.

10 minutes ago, Flip said:

Tbh I was watching both games so probably missed some things but thought he was really consistent in his will to keep the game flowing and ignored all the diving or soft contacts. Also didn't take any bullshit from the players.

Edited by Pata

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It really did look like he was going to go past him then realized he’s supposed to dive and just sort of jumped a bit. Got caught between two stools as it were.

The pretending to be injured was the icing on the cake :lol:

Amazing that they are still sour over the Gordon goal. Saw a few of them celebrating the absurd psg decision against us. I hope the points we took off them end up being the reason they don’t win the league. Can’t stand arteta and their fans seem equally childish. 

Saka sticking his leg out when he could have been past the keeper. On top of that he could have stood back up, Bayern defenders didn’t even go for the ball 😆

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

The difference in refereeing between the Cl and the prem :lol:

I mean, the bloke is a ref in the Swedish league, trust me you don't want to start comparing Swedish refs to English :lol: Though we haven't got VAR in Sweden, so ghatsa pretty fucking huge plus right there. 

He got that decision spot on though IMO, absolutely sick of players leaving their legs out to buy a penalty. A penalty should be tough to get, not something that's given for any and every little bit of contact. 

The irony is I’m guessing the reason the ref didn’t have a look at it is because the refs in the CL probably got a warning after our match with PSG in these situations they would have been told to focus on conviction and not be talked into a review. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was it VAR that gave that yeh? I forgot. Absolutely robbed. 

Yes. Ref missed it but the competent fellow in the VAR room recommended on field review. Was removed from duties in his next fixture. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Yes. Ref missed it but the competent fellow in the VAR room recommended on field review. Was removed from duties in his next fixture. 

The ref was just as culpable. Took a brief look at one angle and couldn't point to the spot quickly enough.