Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So much for the lack of an away goals rule making things a bit more shit, by the way. ;)

Funny one and still not sure about it. Effectively there’s been a load of goals scored that are mainly irrelevant. There’s definitely a lack of tension in the games. I enjoy goals so not complaining but wonder if there is some drama missing. See how 2nd legs play out.

Washing Plzen-Fiorentina in the Conference League quarters. If Fiorentina are as good as Villa's competition is likely to be, it should be a fuss-free passage to the podium. 

Olympiacos looking like their semi-final opponents after racing into a lead against Fenerbahce. Hopefully they're tough enough an opponent cos it'll be so dull just watching the PL win the competition every year. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Washing Plzen-Fiorentina in the Conference League quarters. If Fiorentina are as good as Villa's competition is likely to be, it should be a fuss-free passage to the podium. 

Olympiacos looking like their semi-final opponents after racing into a lead against Fenerbahce. Hopefully they're tough enough an opponent cos it'll be so dull just watching the PL win the competition every year. 

I think Lille are considered the best chance of Villa losing, so tonight will be crucial.

Aye this tie is the hardest one they have left by a long way in theory. Still think any league that has 4-5 CL places should be removed from the Conf League (aside from us if we qualify of course) as there’s no need for it.

Fenerbahce getting smashed by Olympiakos

Only a Turkish team could have the names Ryan Kent, Michy Batshuayi, Leonardo Bonucci and Fred on their bench

I find it very annoying I have to support these shit English teams so we get a higher chance at Europe. I want maximum pain to all British teams.

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

I find it very annoying I have to support these shit English teams so we get a higher chance at Europe. I want maximum pain to all British teams.

Not really related but vaguely: our Man City game just got moved to the last week of the season. The question on The Fighting Cock podcast was “could you root for a Spurs loss if it meant missing out on CL but Arsenal not winning the title?”

The conclusion was that the absolute best case scenario was that we kick-off, run down our end and just leather it in. Then do the same thing 100 times. Entire stadium cheering like mad, every own goal we score 60 thousand people do the Poznan.

Not gonna lie, I’m tempted. Imagine the atmosphere. And imagine the unadulterated fume from all those Arsenal pundits. Reckon it’s well worth it.

Edited by leffe186

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not really related but vaguely: our Man City game just got moved to the last week of the season. The question on The Fighting Cock podcast was “could you root for a Spurs loss if it meant missing out on CL but Arsenal not winning the title?”

The conclusion was that the absolute best case scenario was that we kick-off, run down our end and just leather it in. Then do the same thing 100 times. Entire stadium cheering like mad, every own goal we score 60 thousand people do the Poznan.

Not gonna lie, I’m tempted. Imagine the atmosphere. And imagine the unadulterated fume from all those Arsenal pundits. Reckon it’s well worth it.

I think CL will be locked in by then. So I'd want the same if I was a Spurs fan.

I was more than happy for us to lose to Burnley on the last day of the season 2 years ago to relegate Leeds. I don't even know why but I wanted them down.

DeKetelaere starts for Atalanta too! 

Such a shame these are all on at once. Going to end up hopping around all over the place.

Just now, leffe186 said:

I do think that’s only a yellow, but Paqueta’s a bit lucky there :lol:

Thought the same. Probably should be red.