Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Really want Ipswich up automatically. Couldn't give a fuck about the other usual names. It has been refreshing having Luton in the league this season, also Sheffield United to a certain extent. Burnley have been an absolute boresome.

12 hours ago, Donut said:

Just seen the Atalanta goals. Kelleher has to do better on both the first and the third. Levels below Alisson.

I'm Irish and I've never thought he's much good. He's also 25 and has barely played football

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Really want Ipswich up automatically. Couldn't give a fuck about the other usual names. It has been refreshing having Luton in the league this season, also Sheffield United to a certain extent. Burnley have been an absolute boresome.

I read this thinking ‘it wasn’t long ago Ipswich were in the top flight’, then realised it’s been over twenty years.  Christ I feel old

14 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I grew up watching football from about 94 onwards (in a serious way anyway) and I've always rooted against all other English teams in Europe. Can remember genuinely punching the air with delight when Iniesta got that late goal against Chelsea.

I can remember singing ‘Nayim from the halfway line’ when playing Arsenal.  I don’t recollect a time when it was any different (though English clubs were banned from Europe when I first started watching football.  So maybe pre-Heysel it was different)

Can you blame them?

Come up and if you spend money then you get a points deduction, don’t spend money and you do a Sheffield United.

Ipswich win today, and they only need 2 more wins afterwards to go up.

Sitting back to watch the scores roll in after our win, my lass is out for the day, and the Canadian Premier League kicks off tonight, absolute bliss.

I'm sure I post it every weekend it happens but god I love football so much more when we get a resounding early win.

I have to absorb every bit of football content I can get.