Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

17 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

"Without fans".

They were averaging 28k plus in the third tier. 

They're also the last of the "hit the jackpot" clubs that FFP has made sure must not happen again. Why can't a Derby or Peterborough for example dream of getting the oil baron takeover and become the best team in the world? It's a once a generation thing, but it's just not allowed to happen anymore. 

That's why I hope City win the lot while the clubs most intent on keeping everyone else down, continue to miss out to them.

Obviously they do have fans. I was attempting to paraphrase Lordshola in his post I quoted, though I did miss out the word ‘real’.

I can still understand why he has that view though. As Froggy said their attendances are significantly below those of the other biggest clubs. Seems impossible to get tickets to most games here in London. 

People have such a desire to see clubs fail based on a few actions of their managers or the small sample of fans they’ve met of those teams. Each to their own, but it just means the same team wins every time and that is surely really boring for football. 

18 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's why I hope City win the lot while the clubs most intent on keeping everyone else down, continue to miss out to them.

Sums it up for me.

Plus pre takeover Man City fans were a million times better than those other five c*nts were and are

Man City will not win everything forever, it might be a long cycle but their cycle will come to a close at some point, likely when Guardiola leaves. Having this confidence, as repetitive as it might be, I probably prefer them to win the league to prevent Klopp & Arteta from lifting the trophy. I don't want their pathetic behaviour to be rewarded and obviously Klopp's leaving after this season anyway.

This is when I like Carragher. Just analysing footage and explaining systems. No bullshit, no gimmicks, no bantz - just pulling clips up to explain how teams got the results they did. 

Wish he did more of this and less of his shite

3 minutes ago, midds said:

This is when I like Carragher. Just analysing footage and explaining systems. No bullshit, no gimmicks, no bantz - just pulling clips up to explain how teams got the results they did. 

Wish he did more of this and less of his shite

Was just thinking the same, that was an excellent piece of analysis, he just systematically broke down exactly where and why Villa won that game yesterday.

He is probably the best mainstream pundit in the UK (When not commentating on Liverpool, or doing American TV) 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Did sky even do our match? Feels like they were on arsenal for 30 mins

Our game was on TNT so sky can only show one minute of coverage from it iirc

16 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Alli’s probably done at PL level. Could possibly have a Barkely type resurgence but the Championship is probably his best bet. Real shame.  

He's definitely not made for punditry that's for sure

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Heed 1-0 Chesterfield 

Chesterfield have properly put the flip flops on since getting promotion, lost every game since the clinched the title :lol: