Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, CPL said:

Stones isn't 100% match fit would be the only reason I can think of. It does seem strange.

perhaps but if anything I’d say that’s another reason to play Akanji in the backline - City are getting muttered in behind and Akanji has the athleticism to get back over an unfit Stones.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Even when Joelinton was crap, you could see by the way he played that he would be better in midfield.

Jackson just looks like someone Blyth Spartans fans would get pissed off by continuing to miss chances.

I'll be honest, I didn't. We did seem to be worse when he got subbed on the 70th minute mark for Gayle although that was probably down to who was coming on the pitch as well. 

I’m highly critical of city yet they are the current favorites to win the title….

Yet their squad just seems very meh to me. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m highly critical of city yet they are the current favorites to win the title….

They’ve arguably got the best keeper, best fullback, best centre back, best defensive midfielder, best centre midfielder and the best striker in the league.

Don’t think their squad is meh at all, it’s the best in the league.  Just that their manager has them playing Coldplay football.

Edited by Sima

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Caicedo has been a complete waste of money, not even worth half what they paid

Just going to say this, he looks like he's regressed loads. Almost like the moment he signed that big Chelsea contract he realised he'd made it to the top and decided to slow it down. Obviously not what happened, but that's certainly what it looks like.

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

They had a really poor summer window for their standards imo.

Just now, The Prophet said:

City look as flat as fuck.

That's what midweek games does to teams.

Wish more people on this forum realised this when we had a terrible run of form whilst in the CL.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Shearer chatting absolute wank about the replays situation; sigh.

Most of his opinions fucking stink.

Doesn’t stop him being a legend of a player for us though.

Edited by Sima

Just now, Yorkie said:

Genuinely think there are more empty seats in shot than occupiedm

Absolutely rank.  It’s an FA Cup Semi Final, get them back at different grounds.

Edited by Sima