Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Do you ever wonder why you have to defend this shit every other week though :lol:

I don't really defend it. :lol: we usually are lucky. We were anything but lucky today. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Coventry 1 shot until the 70th minute. 

A shinned goal, a huge deflection and a pen in 24 minutes and suddenly were a spawny team again for winning. 

If anyone was lucky there, it was Coventry. 

Goal, assist, scored in the shootout for the winning side. Who else? 

Possibly, if you totally leave out context

Who would have thought that beating Coventry on pens and poaching Dan Ashworth would be the highlights of the season for the  greatest club the world.  

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A shinned goal, a huge deflection and a pen in 24 minutes and suddenly were a spawny team again for winning. 

Anyone but that ungracious little rat, was chirping on at their goalkeeper after his pen.

I don't really defend it. :lol: we usually are lucky. We were anything but lucky today. 

Are you taking the piss?

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah.

Basically we need to finish no lower than 7th and hope it’s Man Utd who finish 6th.

So...Chelsea finish 6th, us 7th and Manure 8th we'd need Citeh to win to give us even a Conference league place? :dontknow:

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Foggy  ......... fuck off man.  Your team were actually outplayed.  Pack it in and admit it.

Screenshot_20240421_184712_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.3a24bf7397071d25c9f7503ee3be77c1.jpg

In what way were we outplayed Rod? 

I assume you're a defence lawyer outside of our forums. If not, maybe you should consider it. 

Just now, Scoreboard82 said:

So...Chelsea finish 6th, us 7th and Manure 8th we'd need Citeh to win to give us even a Conference league place? :dontknow:

By the way, we are nailed on for sixth.

65 different injuries now and only one centre back available. 

No other manager on the planet gets to a cup final under those conditions. 

Screenshot_20240421_184712_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.3a24bf7397071d25c9f7503ee3be77c1.jpg

In what way were we outplayed Rod? 

I stand corrected.  Your team were magnificent.  Now fuck off!  You are starting to irritate me.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Mate, you where playing a side who are failing to get into the play-offs in the Championship, you where 3-0 up, in absolutely no-way is it acceptable for that game to even get close to extra time let alone penalty's, even if the goals where lucky. 

The fact that you're even defending that, shows how low Man United have come if you're even remotely happy at that performance :lol:  

Also, games aren't played in 70 minutes, they're played in 90, so saying some arbitrary stat like that means literally nothing.

Edited by 54

Just now, Rod said:

I stand corrected.  Your team were magnificent.  Now fuck off!  You are starting to irritate me.

It's why he keeps coming back tbh. 

65 different injuries now and only one centre back available. 

No other manager on the planet gets to a cup final under those conditions. 

Christ on a bike!  Apologies but I'm going to have to tell him to fuck off again.  Fuck off you idiot!

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Christ on a bike!  Apologies but I'm going to have to tell him to fuck off again.  Fuck off you idiot!

Rodney! How very dare you. 

20 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Yeah.

20 minutes ago, Rod said:

By the way, we are nailed on for sixth.

We arguably have the better fixture list, however none of the games you can say we will definitely win. They will all be troublesome in their own way. We have to hope that most of them are on the beach now.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rodney! How very dare you. 

My full name is Roderick actually.  You let me down today.  You are normally honest.  I thought Coventry deserved the win today.  Your players have no integrity and your fans (I have history) are awful when it comes yo humility etc.

Only saw the last hour of the game, but during that period Coventry did not look like a Championship side. They got back into it through Premiership standard football. That's the story here, surely.