Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Neville and Carra deepthroating PGMOL to the shock of nobody.

Football is corrupt - shock !!  Ashley Young involved in them all

2 hours ago, CPL said:

Just seen the Forest penalty shouts. Wtf?! That's beyond a joke. 

one stone wall, one probable, and one 50-50.

26 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Not included in the highlights Ive seen, anyone know which minutes they happened? 

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Neville and Carra deepthroating PGMOL to the shock of nobody.

I'm not always their biggest fans but I think they're absolutely right here. But, ironically for them, this is a symptom of the over-analysis culture that has been brought on by the likes of skysports/sport social media channels and also by VAR. Absolutely everything is analysed the the nth degree and there is this ridiculous search for football utopia, where grey areas and objectivity doesn't exist. As a consequence the dog is chasing it's tail and the search will never be fruitful. 

The way Arteta went on after our game at SJP was everything wrong with the culture of managers and clubs that is seeping in, as Neville refers to. Just like our goal vs them, every decision was subjectively and frankly spot on imo - 'of course you'd say that' - I know, but I genuinely think that. If others disagree - fair enough. But to be pretending there's been some cut and dry robbery is ridiculous. I look at the nottingham forest penalty claims - my instincts for all of them are they're correct decisions! Contact does not mean foul; a player has to be impeded. I can see why others may disagree, again - grey area, objectivity etc. But to be claiming this sort of outrage is pathetic.

But this is VAR itself driving such thought processes, watching replays over and over, thinking things over and over, looking for concrete answers to subjective incidents. I absolutely hate it and it feeds the likes of Arteta and their disingenuous behaviour which will undermine the game if enough follow suit.

22 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Forest were unlucky, but I don't think any of them were stonewall. The ref didn't give any of them, and then it's down to the 'clear and obvious' test, which of course has a subjective element to it.

On another day, a ref would probably have given at least one of them, but it's not about just substituting one opinion for another. 

Either way, Forest should not have accused the system of corruption, and made some veiled threat of legal action. I don't like agreeing with Gary Neville, but he's got it spot on. It's a very slippery slope when clubs join in with the sort of conspiracy theories that supporters like to nurture.

20 minutes ago, brummie said:

Ollie Watkins in the second half today gave what I really reckon is the best 45 minutes performance by anyone, this season. Unplayable.

Didn't see the game, but yes, good player. Gets goals from very unpromising situations.

Thought the first decision was no penalty for the same reason I didn't think our second pen vs WHam was a pen - defender was trying to kick the ball, had a clean line to it and the attacker moved infront of his path as he was kicking. I didn't think Young was careless or reckless personally so even through there's contact no foul for me.

2nd I don't have a problem with no handball. His arm was out a little bit but I didn't think it was 'making his body unnaturally bigger' personally.

3rd looked most like a foul of the three but the highlights I saw didn't have the best angle tbh.

They absolutely shouldn't be publicly accusing people of corruption. That sort of shit from clubs needs to stop.

I’ve not looked at the Forest (bad) decisions.. but the line over Win-Bissaka’s foot SURELY warrants some sort of appeal from Coventry. If it was us I’m sure there would be plenty ready to hand-deliver it to the FA themselves😂

Ten Hag's an awful pillock, like. 

[Robotic] First of all I must compliment opponent... *criticises his own team*

He's as uncharismatic and cold as you can get. Will be glad to see the back of him when he's inevitably torpedoed. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

He's as uncharismatic and cold as you can get. Will be glad to see the back of him when he's inevitably torpedoed. 

He is totally out of his depth

Finally got round to seeing the Forest pels. You can see why they’re annoyed. Young kicking through the back of the player is no different to a couple of pens we’ve had albeit the handball one isn’t for me even if the law/application is shoddy as you like. Young is a total cunt too so you know he’s absolutely buzzing off it. Been a cheating cunt since he was at Watford buying FKs.

10 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Imagine being that much of a cunt :lol:

Coventry player (Wright I think?) cupped his ears towards our fans during the penalty shootout. Antony just doing it in response.

Also noticed Bruno getting abuse for having words with their keeper after scoring. Their keeper was roaring in Bruno's face as he was getting ready to take the pen. 

Whatever suits the narrative though. :lol:

(Antony is still a little wanker)

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He’s the sort of detestable wanker who would be ideal for Man Utd if he was actually capable.