Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

What has Tuchel done to my boy Kim

Surprised he’s playing. Thought they’d fell out as TT hadn’t been impressed with him. Looks very rash on both goals tonight.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Surprised he’s playing. Thought they’d fell out as TT hadn’t been impressed with him. Looks very rash on both goals tonight.

De Ligt is injured and the French lad who I can’t spell has been even worse than Kim this season.

Just now, Disco said:

De Ligt is injured and the French lad who I can’t spell has been even worse than Kim this season.

Upamecano?

Another stoppage here, so could easily go to the 104th minute.

Most neutrals will want Ipswich up I would have thought, 'dirty Leeds' and all that, but for a team like Coventry who got to the playoff final last year, and the FA Cup semi final this year, and will look to push on further next season, it will generally be better for them if a parachute team like Leeds were out of the mix next season.

Just now, Paullow said:

Another stoppage here, so could easily go to the 104th minute.

Most neutrals will want Ipswich up I would have thought, 'dirty Leeds' and all that, but for a team like Coventry who got to the playoff final last year, and the FA Cup semi final this year, and will look to push on further next season, it will generally be better for them if a parachute team like Leeds were out of the mix next season.

Reckon Leeds will be there/thereabouts again next season if they mess up the playoffs like they usually do. Flog Harrison and one of Summerville/Gnonto and that will cover the parachute loss, get some loans in to replace and go again. 

A point at home to almost certainly relegated Huddersfield to get promoted - you'd have taken that!

Most Huddersfield fans won't be wanting their team to win [emoji38]

Get in their Ipswich, love seeing clubs that have spent a prolonged period of time out the top flight get Promoted, so much more refreshing then seeing the same boring clubs get promoted time and time again.

Probably some more twists and turns. Should have hung on against Hull. Then should have nicked it 4-3 at the end. Would have been done and dusted. 

Hope they get promoted. 

1 minute ago, Jilted Generator said:

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Ipswich lost at home to Huddersfield on Saturday. Mental division. 

They've only lost at home in the league once this season, to Leeds in August. Would be a pretty astonishing bottle to fuck it up now.

2 minutes ago, Jilted Generator said:

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Ipswich lost at home to Huddersfield on Saturday. Mental division. 

Just been looking at the leeds/Huddersfield double

16/1 might have a fiver on

Come on the tractor boys, I really hope they get the point they need.

Calling it now, our first game of next season will be Leicester away.

Huddersfield are absolutely shite and are as good as down. If Ipswich can’t manage a draw then they don’t deserve it. In theory Leeds have a much harder game against Saints too albeit they’ve nowt to play for bar not getting injured.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

He was really good. Very good, direct and technical dribbler, but not always clinical in front of goal. When he went to Real Madrid there was a bit of a 'him?' reaction from most people I think, but he did very well IIRC and scored a cracker in the Champions League final.

A more technical Jonas.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A more technical Jonas.

They took one of Liverpool's most important players and turned him into their version of a Grealish/Milner utility man player. 

17 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just been looking at the leeds/Huddersfield double

16/1 might have a fiver on

It's pretty much 16/1 across the board for Leeds to 'finish in top 2', but if you do a double at SkyBet, you can get almost 18/1. £1 returns £18.86.

54 minutes ago, Disco said:

Reckon Leeds will be there/thereabouts again next season if they mess up the playoffs like they usually do. Flog Harrison and one of Summerville/Gnonto and that will cover the parachute loss, get some loans in to replace and go again. 

Yeah, me too, and while it will be nice to see Ipswich back in the PL (most under 30 won't have seen them in the top flight, or certainly remember them), and I have enjoyed watching them for most parts when they have been on Sky this season, one of the main reasons I want them up is for this reason in bold. If Ipswich miss out on promotion and then finish 16th next season, not many will be too surprised, Luton could easily finish bottom half as well if they were to drop, but Leeds should be in and around as you say next season, and I'd like as many strong looking sides as possible in there next season to make it harder for Sunderland to come up.

At the minute it's looking grim for the Mackems, and more likely to struggle next season than be in the mix, but a decent managerial appointment, a sale of one of their better players for £20m and reinvesting it wisely, and they might have a chance, so I'm kind of hoping both Leeds and Southampton miss out on promotion, and Ipswich going up would ensure at least one of them misses out.