Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Annoys me how amazing a footballer Thierry Henry was and yet how uncool he seems as a pundit without much knowledgeable input 

This is why I don’t like foreign pundits. You should have a strong grasp of the English language to be on TV.  Didi Hammann is probably the best foreign pundit. He’s 100% fluent in English. 

it kills me seeing Thierry saying things like “what are they doing? The tango? Or in France we call it this but I don’t know the word for it in English.” Then go on French media and smash it. Same goes for Evra, Hasselbaink and even Mourinho. It comes off as really awkward. They once had Gilberto Silva doing punditry. GILBERTO SILVA ffs. He could barely answer a question and mumbled through. Zabaleta’s another one, get him off, he can’t speak English. 

Also, Henry is cool… when he’s around people who speak French. There’s an interview with him and Mbappe and and Mbappe is laughing smiling, 100% in awe. You see Henry with the Belgium national team. They love him but it’s because they can understand him. He’s a cornball on UK/US media because he’s trying too hard. It’s really uncomfortable viewing. 

Edited by Astroblack

55 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

This is why I don’t like foreign pundits. You should have a strong grasp of the English language to be on TV.  Didi Hammann is probably the best foreign pundit. He’s 100% fluent in English. 

it kills me seeing Thierry saying things like “what are they doing? The tango? Or in France we call it this but I don’t know the word for it in English.” Then go on French media and smash it. Same goes for Evra, Hasselbaink and even Mourinho. It comes off as really awkward. They once had Gilberto Silva doing punditry. GILBERTO SILVA ffs. He could barely answer a question and mumbled through. Zabaleta’s another one, get him off, he can’t speak English. 

Also, Henry is cool… when he’s around people who speak French. There’s an interview with him and Mbappe and and Mbappe is laughing smiling, 100% in awe. You see Henry with the Belgium national team. They love him but it’s because they can understand him. He’s a cornball on UK/US media because he’s trying too hard. It’s really uncomfortable viewing. 

What are you even on about? [emoji38] 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Absolutely convinced that you're a parody account. It's not working.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Annoys me how amazing a footballer Thierry Henry was and yet how uncool he seems as a pundit without much knowledgeable input 

Definitely losing his mystique/cool the more I see him, like. 

23 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Definitely losing his mystique/cool the more I see him, like. 

Appearing in Walkers adverts with his wooden mate doesnt help, cringey as fuck the two of them

1 hour ago, Flip said:

What are you even on about? [emoji38] 

It's awkward and cringe watching foreign pundits stumble through the English language in a television environment. I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for Thierry. It's like everyone is in on a joke except him. 

31 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Appearing in Walkers adverts with his wooden mate doesnt help, cringey as fuck the two of them

“You’ve ate all the crisps. Unbelievable.”

£5m please money GIF

I like Henry on CBS. He's still cool on there. Meeks & Carragher try hard and Thierry does Thierry.

He's a bit less tactically analytical than Carragher. But he's great when talking about mentality, being a winner etc. and his knowledge of European football is better than the others.

Posted (edited)

14 players injured today for Chelsea. That's wild, it would even be wild for us this season. Betinelli must be the only player I have heard of on that bench.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

14 players injured today for Chelsea. That's wild, it would even for us.

Bollocks,they have a massive squad we dont 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Bollocks,they have a massive squad we dont 

I am purely talking about the amount of injuries. Did we ever have 14 injuries for a game? Give me an example, and I will have look.

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

To be honest their injuries seem to have actually forced them into a pretty settled XI - which has probably been of benefit. 

We all remember what having noty a bench was like, when we had a decent starting lineup. The schedule was tighter back then so it hurt us way more though.. But, they won't have any good options in terms of fresh legs.

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I am purely talking about the amount of injuries. Did we ever have 14 injuries for a game? Give me an example, and I will have look.

pretty sure our highest is 13? and look how many years chelski have cheated

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Maddison dropped apparently…

His poor run of form has came at the worst possible time for him and his Euro ambitions. Such a shame [emoji38]

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, astraguy said:

pretty sure our highest is 13? and look how many years chelski have cheated

Yeah, and that's why I am saying that 14 would be abnormal, even for us, who has had way more injuries than anyone else thoughout the season. Why are you bringing in depth and player material when that wasn't my point?

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)

On another note, I had a look at number of injuries in the PL compared to the other European leagues:

Premier League - 126 injuries

Bundesliga - 87 injuries (18 teams)

La Liga - 65 injuries

Serie A - 61 injuries

The new stoppage time rules for the PL must be a factor imo.. It would make no sense for it to not have a real impact in terms of the amount of injuries.

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, and that's why I am saying that 14 would be abnormal even for us, who has had way more injuries than anyone else thoughout the season. Why are you bringing in depth and player material when that wasn't my point?

Maybe because the money they have beable to spend, add in the players loaned out to other clubs still on the books,and then us

Edited by astraguy

Sky have half hour of pre-match coverage for the Chelsea game, and they've just had their 4th ad break, any bet they have another betting advert before kick off too :lol: