Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just watched the game's video posted a few post above. Beardsley did get his cheekbone shattered in that game.and the Ruddock pre-season one happened a year before in a testimonial at Anfield as mentioned by Marti Tyler on commentary

Ah, gotcha :thup:

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Wow - what a time. Why do you think you didn't make it? If you don't mind me asking

Don't mind at all... looking back probably not assertive enough on the ball, got a nasty ankle injury not long before contract renewal which didn't help but probably cold hard truth is the former... Mick McCarthy moved from player to manager and he loved me so if that had happened earlier who knows but there'll be hundreds with a similar story over the years

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Sancho, such a talented footballer.

honestly if you asked me a few months ago I’d have said hell no to us signing him but I’m now convinced it’s just Man U. He’s looked really really good lately. Seems to have gained his confidence back. Probably a bit too expensive for us though and I’m not sure he’s an Eddie type personality 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Donnarumma is average like

I’ve been saying this for ages. He was soooo good when he was younger. Basically living off that wonderkid status.

Just now, Sufi said:

honestly if you asked me a few months ago I’d have said hell no to us signing him but I’m now convinced it’s just Man U. He’s looked really really good lately. Seems to have gained his confidence back. Probably a bit too expensive for us though and I’m not sure he’s an Eddie type personality 

For such a disciplinarian manager Ten Hag is his squad has to be one with the most (and worst) discipline issues, and talent that needed an arm round the shoulder has been somewhat wasted. I have some sympathy mind on Man U, if he wasn't showing up to training on time etc and the other players were, you maybe let that slide for maradonna but it's not an easy call, but considering all the other crap i just think ten hag handles all these things terribly

Not sure that playing Mbappe as a CF is ever going to work, Real will have the same problem as Vini plays in the same position as Mbappe prefers.

It's stupid because if anything it should reflect well on us that we kept up in a group that produced two of the semi finalists. But I can't help but hate they're both still in it (mainly PSG ofc). 

Posted (edited)

I really can’t like Mbappe at all. Wouldn’t want him at our club if we could get him for free. I also don’t hate him or dislike him very much. Maybe it’s the circus around him and him staying at PSG. 

Edited by Ikon