Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. 

I don’t like how wide Som and Kulu are. 

I was going to say ‘allowing Royal to play more centrally has limited upside’ and he’s gone and slapped it in from 20 yards.  2-2.  

Going to be tough if they're relying on that from Royal regularly for sure.

Son and Kulu really wide is to allow their 8s to have the freedom to push right up and support the striker, which is great for Maddison, but doesn't suit Skipp at all.

The system looks decent but the players he has are a terrible fit.

Edited by KaKa

So because of the stupid injury time rules, for 2 days in a row the early game threatens to unsettle the broadcasting schedule.

Currently we are after 3pm and the 1st half of the 1st match hasn’t even ended. The 2nd match kicks off at 4:30. So any sort of injury time in the 2nd half and this game hasn’t even finished when Sky are wanting to show the next game.

Yesterday was similar. The delay and the stoppage time rules meant that Arsenal’s game crept into the broadcast blackout. No coincidence that they didn’t bother with the mega added time in the 2nd half when Arsenal were only just ahead and the 3pm KO’s were about to KO.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Going to be tough if they're relying on that from Royal regularly for sure.

Son and Kulu really wide is to allow their 8s to have the freedom to push right up and support the striker, which is great for Maddison, but doesn't suit Skipp at all.

The system looks decent but the players he has are a terrible fit.

This is why I love Carlo man. And Howe for similar reasons. 

Get the best out of your best players. Son wide like that? Nah man. 

Just now, Stifler said:

So because of the stupid injury time rules, for 2 days in a row the early game threatens to unsettle the broadcasting schedule.

Currently we are after 3pm and the 1st half of the 1st match hasn’t even ended. The 2nd match kicks off at 4:30. So any sort of injury time in the 2nd half and this game hasn’t even finished when Sky are wanting to show the next game.

Yesterday was similar. The delay and the stoppage time rules meant that Arsenal’s game crept into the broadcast blackout. No coincidence that they didn’t bother with the mega added time in the 2nd half when Arsenal were only just ahead and the 3pm KO’s were about to KO.

I hope it happens, once the broadcasters get upset, the FA will soon buckle on this stupid 'initiative'.

Just now, Stifler said:

We'd have to get more 25 minutes added time for it to disrupt the next game

The game being delayed for no water in the stadium was a reason too

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38] I couldn’t think of any legendary old school central midfielders from Nigeria. And then as soon as I posted it I remember JayJay Okocha

I usually just stay silent in that spot if I have nothing to say. 

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

One good hit doesn't make a footballer.

Was just messing about. That being said, there are at least 50 footballers that are worse in the PL for what its worth.

This is at least partly a reflection of yesterday's ecstatic win, but is there anyone in the Spurs team who would be an absolute inarguable upgrade to our first XI? 

Thinking in terms of the fit, our style of play, current form etc as much as objective quality. I honestly think there might not be. 

Just now, Barnes23 said:

This is at least partly a reflection of yesterday's ecstatic win, but is there anyone in the Spurs team who would be an absolute inarguable upgrade to our first XI? 

Thinking in terms of the fit, our style of play, current form etc as much as objective quality. I honestly think there might not be. 

We have built a team for our managers style.  Spurs is a team that isn’t in any managers style.  

Son and Kulu under Howe would be gold. 

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38] I couldn’t think of any legendary old school central midfielders from Nigeria. And then as soon as I posted it I remember JayJay Okocha

Poor effort man. Very disappointing!

Okocha was a number 10 and all.

For central midfield always go Sunday Oliseh.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Poor effort man. Very disappointing!

Okocha was a number 10 and all.

For central midfield always go Sunday Oliseh.

We used him the other week when you told me you were from Nigeria. What a pickle I’ve gotten myself into here.