Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

What Europa / Conference league match is anyone watching?

Think I'm going for Marseille vs AEK, probably watch Brighton later and I've watched a fair bit of this group thus far, as the game week matches seem to follow on from each other, and it's well poised.

Eventful few mins in Marseille. AEK thought they had a penalty, but was awarded just outside, and in a position very hard to score, and Marseille have just scored, but looked a foul on the defender. Controversial.

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

3-0 to the Faroe boys

Daniel Storey is out there, looking forward to seeing his report on it (if he hasn't done it already)

I think if I was a journalist I'd love to do trips like that rather than just your standard domestic games all the time

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Daniel Storey is out there, looking forward to seeing his report on it (if he hasn't done it already)

I think if I was a journalist I'd love to do trips like that rather than just your standard domestic games all the time

Do you listen to The Sweeper podcast ? Supposed to cover the lesser Euro leagues, more in a curio way than a dry round up, but also covers lesser known stuff from round the world.

Edit, through that Podcast I've learned about tunnels linking Faroe Isles Islands and an undersea roundabout, the difficulties of the  Greenland domestic cup,TSV Hartberg having 11 shirt sponsors and a sperm on their shirt and loads more else 

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Do you listen to The Sweeper podcast ? Supposed to cover the lesser Euro leagues, more in a curio way than a dry round up, but also covers lesser known stuff from round the world.

I don't will check it out cheers. Always enjoyed following Joan Simun Edmundsson's career after he left us

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Eni Aluko is looking forward to seeing Quansah tonight for Liverpool because he's like Rio Ferdinancd and a rolls royce of a defender apparently

He's not even playing

She is useless as a pundit and seems like a twat and all. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

She is useless as a pundit and seems like a twat and all. 

She worked for us for a short while a couple of years ago and genuinely alienated every single person she worked with, a proper nasty piece of work by all accounts.

I just want to say, whenever I think of Unai Emery, or even see him, i feel my chest tighten and my heart start to beat a bit quicker.

I love that man so much, I'd let him adopt me*

* possible problem in him being younger than me, I'd adopt him instead, but the Mrs wouldn't like it. Although, if I did and he lived with us, inside a few weeks he'd have trained her intensely and got her cooking properly, emptying the bins, changing the cat litter, doing the washing up, basically all the things I do that she seemingly can not. He'd also probably have her playing out from the back** with confidence.

** F'naar f'naar

Edited by brummie