Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, JB said:

20240513_203228.thumb.jpg.99b8a06f2f0b67e4bae60d1275727fab.jpg

Offsides like that are very rarely going to happen, besides football is based around marginal calls which people are more willing to accept so long as it doesn't take 5 odd minutes to manually draw lines on a pitch, and that then still potentially be wrong. 

Semi-Automated offsides are going to 100X more accurate then that, and while we can't see in that image that the player is offside, i'm probably bet he actually is, even if it is by a millimeter. 

The more I think about it the more the Wenger rule just makes way more sense. 

Posted (edited)

McGinn either winded or maybe merely the fact that he's had to waddle around at high speed for a full half, not sure which.

Edited by Pilko

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Offsides like that are very rarely going to happen, besides football is based around marginal calls which people are more willing to accept so long as it doesn't take 5 odd minutes to manually draw lines on a pitch, and that then still potentially be wrong. 

Semi-Automated offsides are going to 100X more accurate then that, and while we can't see in that image that the player is offside, i'm probably bet he actually is, even if it is by a millimeter. 

The more I think about it the more the Wenger rule just makes way more sense. 

It'll be smoother shit but it'll still be shit. We'll still have infuriating toenail offsides regardless of where and how fast you draw a line and that's not what the offside rule was for.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Diaz end product is regularly poor.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Might be a minority opinion but I think Diaz regularly promises more than he delivers

8 league goals and 5 assists? He's pretty good. Not a patch on our man, AG, though. 

Be interesting to see how villa do next season in the champions league and managing the league with the squad they have got. They arent allowed to spend neither are they? Think they might finish lower than what we have this season

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

8 league goals and 5 assists? He's pretty good. Not a patch on our man, AG, though. 

He has had some class moments, no doubt, and often appears a major threat, just feel like he doesn't quite reach his potential and yeah, would never swap him for AG.

4 minutes ago, JB said:

It'll be smoother shit but it'll still be shit. We'll still have infuriating toenail offsides regardless of where and how fast you draw a line and that's not what the offside rule was for.

It’s going be an undermined to fuck as well with TV studios drawing their own lines.

There's so much attacking threat in Liverpool's side I think his contribution get's undervalued. Poor guy's parents were kidnapped by the ELN too. :lol: