Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Likely all going to end up being backup squad players too. It's disgraceful :lol:

Maguire aye but not the other two. Very promising signs from Sancho and Antony lately. They've only both just turned 23.

Just now, Froggy said:

Maguire aye but not the other two. Very promising signs from Sancho and Antony lately. They've only both just turned 23.

Be interesting. Think they both look quite ordinary, so not sure about that at all. Neither ever seem able to go past anyone, ever.

Just now, KaKa said:

Be interesting. Think they both look quite ordinary, so not sure about that at all. Neither ever seem able to go past anyone, ever.

Antony literally went past three people and played a lovely through ball to kill off the game today. That's after scoring the opener. 

He also went past Dan Burn endless times in cup final, but kept turning back. 

His issue is decision making which should come in time. It's his first season in this league. I'm getting more and more confident in him as time goes on. 

23 is very late to develop decision making. Dan Burn is ass and Forest are trash. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Both have inflated numbers from very poor leagues. For 80m you don’t pay for a player who needs work on his decision making. He will be a starter but never get anywhere near that valuation 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That it's a yellow card.

Its not. Its not a push like the Fernandes did with the linesman. There is aggression in Weghorst, and he uses his fist and punch him in the shoulder. Does it change the result? No. Does he the Forest player take any harm? No. Its a clear red. 

8 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

23 is very late to develop decision making. Dan Burn is ass and Forest are trash. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Both have inflated numbers from very poor leagues. For 80m you don’t pay for a player who needs work on his decision making. He will be a starter but never get anywhere near that valuation 

Rashford's decision making is still terrible and he has 120+ goals for us at 25 to be fair. There's more to a player than that. 

It's Antony's only issue. If he wasn't so greedy he'd have double figure assists this season. I also believe he'll have much better numbers with a proper centre forward. 

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Antony literally went past three people and played a lovely through ball to kill off the game today. That's after scoring the opener. 

He also went past Dan Burn endless times in cup final, but kept turning back. 

His issue is decision making which should come in time. It's his first season in this league. I'm getting more and more confident in him as time goes on. 

Those two never face up a full back out wide and are able to beat them convincingly man, it's utterly ridiculous. 

Time and time again they cut back, maybe cut in a bit and then pass the ball, or in Antony's case sometimes go for the curling shot as well.

We'll see I guess, but I think they both look very average. Maybe with a pair of top class full backs bombing past them all the time each side it might work.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford's decision making is still terrible and he has 120+ goals for us at 25 to be fair. There's more to a player than that. 

It's Antony's only issue. If he wasn't so greedy he'd have double figure assists this season. I also believe he'll have much better numbers with a proper centre forward. 

It’s not comparable, and it’s definitely not his only issue at all. The fact is he doesn’t have double figure assists, he has 1. Im pretty aware what makes up a player. 17 year olds are getting rejected at academies for bad decision making. It’s a massively fundamental and highly regarded trait. 

Throwing arbitrary numbers like he would have had double figure assists means nothing. He is incredibly  one footed, which makes him predictable, if you’re not robben then that’s an issue. Even if it was his “only issue” it’s a pretty big one. It’s not as simplistic as just being greedy. Anyway I don’t want to discuss it tbf we will see in a couple of years. 

36 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's not. He has that shit neck tattoo.

Edited by JUICE690

23 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Literally amazing.

Was expecting to see one of those shitty clickbait clips where there’s nothing in it. He looks like he’d happily see Maguire thrown off a cliff 

If Man Utd can keep them al injury/suspension free then a midfield 3 of Fernandes, Eriksen and Casemiro is pretty great

Eriksen can just slot into any midfield role effortlessly, such a lovely player. Fernandes was brilliant today too. Such a shame he's such a horrible character

Not fernandes but they will have to have one eye on their age. Eriksen is 31,so is Casimero. Not saying they are near finished or anything, but those drop offs can happen so quickly. 

Comparably like Rodri is 26, I’d imagine they’ll sign another midfielder too. Wouldn't shock me if they got Bellingham. Chelsea have been bad but they bought Enzo who is only 22. 

Ridiculous penalty for Roma, ball going 2 metres wide for a goal kick from a point blank header and VAR turns it into a penalty. 

Handball rule has to be fixed by FIFA.