Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s so embarrassing. Imagine coming out with the “Egyptian archer with a quiver full of arrows” after a goal. That’s not something he’s just thought of in the moment, he’s had that prepped to use if Salah scores. It’s excruciatingly sad

Salah's celebration was him firing an arrow though. It's far from his worst line. :lol: at least it made sense. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Salah's celebration was him firing an arrow though. It's far from his worst line. :lol: at least it made sense. 

Ah yeah, fair point. Forgot that element. I’m not taking it back Froggy 

Just now, gbandit said:

Ah yeah, fair point. Forgot that element. I’m not taking it back Froggy 

I've hated Drury's commentary for a while now after thinking he was class for years. 

Just didn't want to say as it means K.I. was right about something else. 

I can't remember what game it was, but it was raining and he went on for about 30 seconds about the weather in a typical Drury way. That was the day it got too much for me. 

Still have fond memories of his commentary on ITV, but it was a long time ago to be fair. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I can't remember what game it was, but it was raining and he went on for about 30 seconds about the weather in a typical Drury way. That was the day it got too much for me. 

Still have fond memories of his commentary on ITV, but it was a long time ago to be fair. 

I'll never forget during a Man United FA Cup match when the camera panned to the opposition fans at nil nil and he patronisingly said something along the lines of "Go on, I dare you, I dare you to tell them not to dream" like he was talking to us about a Make a Wish child. It would have been insufferable but fair enough if it was Blyth Spartans but he was talking about Leeds fans. :lol: 

That was when I first noticed what an absolute arse he is.

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He's the absolute opposite of the fella he replaced, mind. They needed a bit of energy after Tyler, they just jumped the shark going with Drury.

I reckon Ally McCoist is my favourite commentator these days.

40 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Helps PSR though, lads. That's what really matters.

Just posted this in the PSR thread. Questionable whether it’s entirely PSR-forced (sure they will argue it is), but regardless, it’s an absolute pisstake. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know he hasn’t been found guilty but surely it’s extremely risky to have someone playing who might be fixing things. 

Yeah, but if he says he hasn’t done it, and the club genuinely believe him, they’re always gonna play him.

I mean some clubs might continue to play a player after he’s been charged with child sex offences….

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: The absolute brass on Lim with those quotes. Figures that he's involved with Salford City too, the cunt.

Be interesting if someone were to ask the ‘fans champion’ Gary Neville for his views on this…

45 minutes ago, SteV said:

Be interesting if someone were to ask the ‘fans champion’ Gary Neville for his views on this…

Mental gymnastics that make no sense or pure short circuit of the brain? My money's on short circuit.