Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Just now, joeyt said:

Just seen Optimistic Nut has deleted his profile, what's happened there?

Really enjoyed reading his posts

He's been sick of the place for ages. Give it a few weeks :laugh:

That’s a real shame. Was a quality poster. I think the negativity on the forum was the key factor and he said he was going to leave recently because of it. Sad to lose a good poster when we’ve had an influx of turds in recent times 

2 hours ago, Fak said:

For the man who once lost his job in part for asking if Redknapp had ever ‘hung out of the back of it’, it is a terrible irony that the next time he sees Redknapp it is he who has something hanging out of the back of him …

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

For the man who once lost his job in part for asking if Redknapp had ever ‘hung out of the back of it’, it is a terrible irony that the next time he sees Redknapp it is he who has something hanging out of the back of him …

For fucks sake 😂

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

Just seen Optimistic Nut has deleted his profile, what's happened there?

Really enjoyed reading his posts

Gonna guess that it's something to do with the wildly over the top reactions every single time someone from the club so much as breathes.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

23 hours ago, gbandit said:

That’s a real shame. Was a quality poster. I think the negativity on the forum was the key factor and he said he was going to leave recently because of it. Sad to lose a good poster when we’ve had an influx of turds in recent times 

Whilst I understand the "need" or "urge" to have a break from this place (as well as the internet in general, or other specific sites that are time-vacuums), I'll never understand why people end up deleting their profiles. In the end, if they return one day, all they've achieved by doing so is lose all easy access to all of their own history on the site as their posts end up remaining anyway :dontknow: 

Since the Harvey Weinstein debacle and the rise of cancel culture that followed back in 2017, I've always felt that if the day were to come where I made it big-time in the entertainment industry - my post history on here will be what brings me down :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Whilst I understand the "need" or "urge" to have a break from this place (as well as the internet in general, or other specific sites that are time-vacuums), I'll never understand why people end up deleting their profiles. In the end, if they return one day, all they've achieved by doing so is lose all easy access to all of their own history on the site as their posts end up remaining anyway :dontknow: 

Since the Harvey Weinstein debacle and the rise of cancel culture that followed back in 2017, I've always felt that if the day were to come where I made it big-time in the entertainment industry - my post history on here will be what brings me down :lol: 

:lol: I already have my apology letter ready when I win an Academy Award for best documentary and get skewered for past comments.

3 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Let’s hope it becomes an issue for you. (Off to check what you’ve said!!) 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

To be fair that transfer window was horrible. No wonder he got sick of the place we all went a bit crazy with no movement just crap rumours. 

There's been a significant string of negativity long before this transfer window. ON threatened to leave because of it early this year.

27 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Quite a leap between those two paragraphs. :lol:

I can't speak for ON but when I did it, the idea was that it had become a habit and deleting the account would make it harder to return and that was the point in doing it, because I wasn't enjoying it and wanted to make a clean break forever. Sometimes you might just need a break but you've driven yourself to thinking you need to make big, permanent changes.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Quite a leap between those two paragraphs. :lol:

I can't speak for ON but when I did it, the idea was that it had become a habit and deleting the account would make it harder to return and that was the point in doing it, because I wasn't enjoying it and wanted to make a clean break forever. Sometimes you might just need a break but you've driven yourself to thinking you need to make big, permanent changes.

I've had the thought a few times over the now 18(!) years I've been a member. One time I decided to "test myself" by logging out on all my devices to see if not being logged in and thus not being able to actively participate in discussion would make me spend less time on here, but it didn't. It just made me more and more frustrated that I "couldn't" comment on anything others posted :lol: 

In the end, the only thing that's enabled me to "take a break" from this place and stay away from it for a period of multiple months ended up being me suffering a complete mental breakdown that saw me essentially lose track of time and space, which in turn broke all of the "routines" I had developed in life, which included checking in on here (and other sites) multiple times per day. Wouldn't recommend doing that to anyone as a way to manage to stop coming on here, however :lol: 

54 minutes ago, Fak said:

Certainly has a high opinion of himself. 

IMG_2379.thumb.jpeg.eb99f159c81f7c83ba109695bf3bb77c.jpeg

He's not my favourite Arsenal defender of all time, by the way. No, my favourite Arsenal defender of all time is Mr. Kolo Toure, so...