Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Makes me try and remember the first time I was really gutted. Maybe Tino, but at barely 7 years old I wasn't fully aware of everything that was going on. 2004/05 was the pits with loads of people I loved going; obviously Bobby to begin with but Speed, Woodgate, Bernard, Bellamy... Robert still there but with the plot all but lost, Shearer badly on the wane. Mad how that great team just fell to pieces.

Carroll probably tops the list. Was heartbreaking when he went. 

Supermac, Kennedy etc etc 😭

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Shame. Could've been like a new signing. 

Seeing the Michael Owen style marketing brochure now, Hendrick resplendent in personalised double denim:

“Yours for only £5m. 79-capped international (2 goals). Not a relegation magnet in any way, shape or form. Scores bangers.”

8 hours ago, Ikon said:

In Croatia now. Seen like 4-5 different guys wearing Toon shirts. Police asked me why I was barking around while being drunk. I just did my Howe Howe Howe chant. 

I look forward to the embelished (gravy, weight, full kit, some other flaw) report on that on RTG.

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

Had he been any other nationality, he might’ve turned out a decent player. He was overhyped to death by U.S. media and the broader soccer community.

If he had stayed Ghanian?

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Adu's decline was really bizarre. Remember he was going to be the next big thing in football in around 2003.

I don't think it was really a decline. 14 is just way too early age to hype someone as best players at that age often dominate due to being physically more ready than the others. The massive hype must've made things worse though.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, gdm said:

Insider trading tut tut

Wife is a lawyer and she reckons it'll take a year to go to court but relatively quick thereafter. 

Chances are if found guilty he'll do some form of jail time.