Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

8 minutes ago, brummie said:

Look at this absolute jobsworth cunt. Honestly, a grown fucking adult doing this to a kid. I don't like those "can i have your shirt" things usually, but how can someone be such a cunt and make a kid burst into tears like that?

https://x.com/KeslerSZN/status/1717570665606209855?s=20

Giving the poor bugger rohypnol at the end was a bit much like.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Giving the poor bugger rohypnol at the end was a bit much like.

There was a time, about a decade, in which I'd have guzzled that shit down to make what happened on the pitch fade away.

You take a look at the number of charlatans who own football clubs and basically the “checks and balances” around ownership amount to a red tape process for the sake of it, like so many processes that are part of modern life now

Can’t be fucked with discussions about Messi and him winning. If you look at his stats last season they were exceptional still, I watched him play loads and he was outstanding for PSG and of course Argentina. He was still just about the best footballer in the world last season with only Mbappe pushing him close. Haaland had a remarkable season and his goalscoring form does count for a lot but he underperformed in all finals and didn’t contribute much other than goals. Anyway, it’s a waste of everyone’s time

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Can’t be fucked with discussions about Messi and him winning. If you look at his stats last season they were exceptional still, I watched him play loads and he was outstanding for PSG and of course Argentina. He was still just about the best footballer in the world last season with only Mbappe pushing him close. Haaland had a remarkable season and his goalscoring form does count for a lot but he underperformed in all finals and didn’t contribute much other than goals. Anyway, it’s a waste of everyone’s time

Man City would have won the league and fa cup without Haaland , Maybe not the champions league but I don’t think they necessarily won it because of him .

Messi pretty much single handedly carried Argentina to winning the World Cup and without him they probably wouldn’t have even got out the group. I really don’t understand why people are complaining about Messi winning it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67268518

State of this utter shitstain.

Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri has asked fans to raise £2m in the coming days to help the club pay an outstanding debt to HM Revenue and Customs and cover wages.

The Championship club were placed under a registration embargo on Friday by the English Football League.

Chansiri told the Sheffield Star that he has a problem with "cashflow".

Gill Furniss, MP for Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough, called the development "very concerning".

She said in a post on X, formerly Twitter: "It is the responsibility of the owners to fix this, not fans. I will be seeking an urgent meeting with the club to discuss this."

Chansiri, who has been in charge at Hillsborough since 2015, said cashflow is currently a problem "all over the world" and that he is also owed money as a result, adding that any funds given by supporters would be paid back "with interest".

He said last month that he would stop putting "additional funding" into the South Yorkshire club and said "some fans need to have more respect for owners of clubs" after some supporters had thrown tennis balls onto the pitch during a 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough to protest against his ownership.

In the interview with the Sheffield Star he said that Wednesday, who are bottom of the Championship after making their worst ever start to a season, could face a lengthy transfer ban if the monies owed are not paid by 10 November.

Under EFL regulations the Owls are now nine days into a "persistent default" for failing to pay their HMRC debt and should they also fail to pay players' wages, which are due on Tuesday, that will open up a second default.

Clubs who accrue 30 days worth of breaches in a year, from 1 July to 30 June, are liable to be banned from registering new players for three transfer windows.

The Thai businessman said: "If 20,000 people gave £100 then it's £2m, and it'd be clear - so we can finish it.

"That would cover everything, HMRC and the wages. That would need to be done before 10 November if they don't want to pass the 30 days, but that means that there can be no next time.

"It'd need to be before to make it safe - if it was on the fifth then there would be 10 days left… If we were to hit 30 days then we'll get a ban for three windows."

3 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I really don’t understand why people are complaining about Messi winning it.

I'm not massively invested in the discussion full stop, but it definitely denigrates the award if he won it. No way on earth he was the best player last year. If you were putting together a team last year comprised of anyone you like, you'd be wrong to choose Messi as your first pick. Any argument to the contrary feels disingenuous/based on sentimentality.

Doesn't matter one jot anyway.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

It usually goes off who had the best world cup. Cannavaro Wouldn’t have won it without the World Cup. Modric in 2018, too. A year Messi should have won.