Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Yup the 3pm Saturday kick off in the Premier League is pretty much dying out now, 5 games every weekend will be on, so that only leaves 5 games that could be at 3pm, but when there's Europe there'll be loads of 2pm kick offs on a Sunday, so shit.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Just seemed to be on the rumour mill  for a while that the tv rights was going to go to streaming companies

I always felt the talk of streaming services having all the matches or the premier league releasing their own netflix style subscription was fanciful, it may happen eventually but not yet

Also, I find news like that is often strategically placed by the Premier League to drive up the money they get from Sky/BT

Wish there was a legit company I could go to and say, 'hi company, please can I pay to watch just all the Newcastle games as I don't give a shit about anyone else.' And then the company would go 'yes of course, please pay us a reasonable monthly fee and you can watch all the Newcastle games'. Then I'd say 'thank you company' and pay them a reasonable monthly fee and watch the games. Then I'd probably find Robbie Savage was co-commentating all of them and I'd have to pay for their extorionate premium package to have McCoist instead. Bastards. :rant:

48 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They do, as well as Glass but the majority of the customer base is still on satellite (SkyQ and still some of Sky+)

Sky’s current contract with Astra runs out in 2028 and I doubt they will renew, Sky are investing heavily in Glass and Stream, it’s the future and the pic quality is stunning.

25 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Does anyone know where I can find the current up to date ball in play time for this season? 

Strangely hard to find given people couldn’t stop fucking talking about it when we’ were bottom. 

I gotchu: https://theathletic.com/4837505/2023/09/07/timewasting-bookings-minutes-added/

image.thumb.png.d750069b0a24ffe1ba50bd70f453c850.png

Opta doesn't release publicly to the date unfortunately: https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/08/premier-league-stats-2023-24/

51 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Sky’s current contract with Astra runs out in 2028 and I doubt they will renew, Sky are investing heavily in Glass and Stream, it’s the future and the pic quality is stunning.

I actually would be surprised if they don't renew

My experience is that Sky isn't ready to go Glass/Stream only in only 4 years time

3 hours ago, wormy said:

Can we please just televise 3pm kick offs already? There's not going to be any 3pm PL matches at all within the next deal or two ffs. 

Should just be able to get a TV season ticket for your team and so every prem game tbh.