Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

21 minutes ago, McDog said:

Hadn't heard about this before tonight. Jeez.

Would've been much worse if the the stand has fences on the terrace like many stands did back then, would've been 1000's dead.

Precursor to Hillsborough and absolutely no lessons learnt for that as well.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Would've been much worse if the the stand has fences on the terrace like many stands did back then, would've been 1000's dead.

Precursor to Hillsborough and absolutely no lessons learnt for that as well.

It's crazy how that stand went up in flames. What was the original cause for the fire?

1 minute ago, McDog said:

It's crazy how that stand went up in flames. What was the original cause for the fire?

Wooden stand and build up of litter under the concourse which was lit up by a cigarette butt.

The club had been warned about that risk and others.  Stand was due to be demolished after the game in anycase.

The deaths were caused by turnstile gates being locked for those who fled to them and not the pitch.  Absolutely awful.

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Wooden stand and build up of litter under the concourse which was lit up by a cigarette butt.

The club had been warned about that risk and others.  Stand was due to be demolished after the game in anycase.

The deaths were caused by turnstile gates being locked for those who fled to them and not the pitch.  Absolutely awful.

Thanks for the information. Very sad for the club but more for the supporters.

Is there any update on Paqueta getting a ban? Feels a bit rough watching West Ham above us while we have a player suspended for the season while they have a player who did something that's actually illegal.

19 hours ago, TRC said:

Is there any update on Paqueta getting a ban? Feels a bit rough watching West Ham above us while we have a player suspended for the season while they have a player who did something that's actually illegal.

With Tonali they just needed to prove or an admission of breaking the betting rules.

With Pacqueta you’ll need a pretty solid case that incriminates him which they either don’t have or will likely take a long time to put together. 

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Ayew and Bruno G are #1 and #2 btw. 

I'm at a loss how Bruno gets away with it, the same any touch in the back and I'm going down as Longstaff and he gets the decision nearly every time.

20 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm at a loss how Bruno gets away with it, the same any touch in the back and I'm going down as Longstaff and he gets the decision nearly every time.

:lol: Does it more naturally and confidently and often just grabs the ball.

Longstaff must be the worst ever at it, would be happy to never see him do it again. 

20 minutes ago, Pata said:

:lol: Does it more naturally and confidently and often just grabs the ball.

Longstaff must be the worst ever at it, would be happy to never see him do it again. 

Yeah but it's irritating when neither is a foul. Like I said earlier I'm baffled how Bruno and its not just him, get-away with it loads.

And it doesn't look more natural or confident to me, I honestly think it's expensive player against local scrote, the "foul" and reaction can be exactly the same but the outcomes aren't.

I think it’s because there are some genuine ones in there amongst the Bruno flops. Longstaff goes down with any touch and it’s a lot rarer that he gets actually fouled as he doesn’t carry the ball 

9 hours ago, madras said:

Bruno invites actual contact and players bite. He has skill on the ball.

Longstaff just gets closed down and falls over.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Very similar to Grealish - he was the most fouled player in the league for a couple of seasons I think, but he buys a lot of fouls by being clever with his body positioning, slowing down at just the right moment to invite contact and, for want of  better words, falling convincingly. It's a skill of the 'dark arts' of football, which is sad to say but some players just do it much better than others.  

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Very similar to Grealish - he was the most fouled player in the league for a couple of seasons I think, but he buys a lot of fouls by being clever with his body positioning, slowing down at just the right moment to invite contact and, for want of  better words, falling convincingly. It's a skill of the 'dark arts' of football, which is sad to say but some players just do it much better than others.  

Aye but both Grealish and Bruno have excellent close control, quick feet, balance, agility so they invite actual fouls. Slow down, show a bit of the ball to the oppo, shift their balance and body positions - foul. They buy fouls but they also beat opponents. A player like Longstaff doesn't have any of those abilities to she falls over - straight. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but both Grealish and Bruno have excellent close control, quick feet, balance, agility so they invite actual fouls. Slow down, show a bit of the ball to the oppo, shift their balance and body positions - foul. They buy fouls but they also beat opponents. A player like Longstaff doesn't have any of those abilities to she falls over - straight. 

[emoji38]

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Those things are exactly the same thing on the pitch. Player Shields ball, gets nudged, hits the deck. Happens all the time with high profile/low profile players.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Those things are exactly the same thing on the pitch. Player Shields ball, gets nudged, hits the deck. Happens all the time with high profile/low profile players.

It's not though. Which is why Bruno gets fouls and Longstaff doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's not though. Which is why Bruno gets fouls and Longstaff doesn't. 

You can add Almiron to the Longstaff pile as well. He's arguably worse at it than anyone else