Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Was waiting for him to start talking about race. Looks like he's played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

I think that could be said for mist players

I always rember that Viz article where Rayne Wooney says if he doesn't get a pay rise he'd go back to his job as a brain surgeon,  Mason  JcAteer is in the background with his Barrister robes on giving the V's to Liverpools chairman.

I notice Sky Sports have turned off replies to that story.

Can only imagine it’s because that thread turned into a sewer.

On 19/03/2024 at 14:34, The College Dropout said:

If Haaland could be onside with his backfoot further from the goal than the defenders back foot - it fundamentally changes defending and it will make the game even more defensive. At worst the game becomes more like basketball

Sorry might have missed some context, but ‘it will make t he game even more defensive’ and ‘more like basketball’ are opposite statements. Are you saying more defensive and more boring OR higher scoring and more exciting and eitherway it is a no form you? 

48 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Sorry might have missed some context, but ‘it will make t he game even more defensive’ and ‘more like basketball’ are opposite statements. Are you saying more defensive and more boring OR higher scoring and more exciting and eitherway it is a no form you? 

I don't think higher scoring = more exciting fundamentally. High scoring games can be more exciting because it's rare. It speaks to a certain attitude. If it happened every game it wouldn't be exciting.

It changes the game fundamentally. In all likelihood it makes tactics more defensive. There's potential of the opposite happening and the game descending into basketball type.

21 hours ago, Paully said:

Ha ha ha [emoji38]

Home

Help

Login

Register

Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum »

The Liverpool FC Forum »

Flagpole Corner »

General Football and Sport

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Paully, you are banned from using this forum!
Don't think this site is for you
This ban is not set to expire.

I was reading your battle against them in the "property of Saudi Arabia" thread. Was a great read. :lol:

Just now, Froggy said:

I was reading your battle against them in the "property of Saudi Arabia" thread. Was a great read. :lol:

Ha ha aye! I can’t believe they banned me mind - pathetic ha ha! 

Not an issue. Loophole where all that would be required is a shift in directors at Nice. This hit the mainstream news months ago and was rebuffed fairly quickly.

The Sun on top of things as usual. 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Not an issue. Loophole where all that would be required is a shift in directors at Nice. This hit the mainstream news months ago and was rebuffed fairly quickly.

The Sun on top of things as usual. 

As it stands with the two clubs frameworks remaining unchanged would they be allowed?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As it stands with the two clubs frameworks remaining unchanged would they be allowed?

I still think so because INEOS don't have a controlling stake in Man United, but it's a grey area as they're clearly in control of footballing operations.

I don't believe anything is cause for concern though, and if only one was allowed to play, it's not going to be Nice.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I still think so because INEOS don't have a controlling stake in Man United, but it's a grey area as they're clearly in control of footballing operations.

I don't believe anything is cause for concern though, and if only one was allowed to play, it's not going to be Nice.

Can’t see Nice being happy about that train of thought. I’m sure they will feel it’s newsworthy.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Can’t see Nice being happy about that train of thought. I’m sure they will feel it’s newsworthy.

It's the reality though. If INEOS are given a choice, they aren't going to choose Nice.

But it will never come to that.

All time best 11 from each region (born/raised) anyone? 

1) North East 

2) North West

3) Midlands

4) Greater London

5) South West

6) South East

7) East of England

8) Yorkshire 

9) Scotland 

10) Wales 

11) Northern Ireland 

Who would have the best side?