Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

44 minutes ago, alexf said:

The thumbnail on this [emoji38]

Yeah, that seems a strange place to have a shit but why not.

That City documentary isn't half a load of manicured shite, but fuck me it isn't half humbling. We've got a fucking long way to go - especially in terms of improvement of facilities and coaching staff - before we can get close to that.

Edited by toon25

59 minutes ago, toon25 said:

That City documentary isn't half a load of manicured shite, but fuck me it isn't half humbling. We've got a fucking long way to go - especially in terms of improvement of facilities and coaching staff - before we can get close to that.

Hope the immoral murdering cunts that own us are more financially committed  than the immoral murdering cunts that own them!

Guess I'll just have to start owning being cantankerous cos I don't really subscribe to the Ange fandom. I think his mannerisms mask a lot of mansplainy waffle; I don't really know what he's going on about there, for instance. You don't feel undue pressure to qualify for the Champions League and you don't think football clubs are financial institutions... okay. That's a really naive view to take if you're the Spurs manager imo (particularly re the latter of those issues), and I don't think the reporter was really owed that patronising tone. It's a fair question, which is more about the Champions League and football finances than it is about Spurs. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Guess I'll just have to start owning being cantankerous cos I don't really subscribe to the Ange fandom. I think his mannerisms mask a lot of mansplainy waffle; I don't really know what he's going on about there, for instance. You don't feel undue pressure to qualify for the Champions League and you don't think football clubs are financial institutions... okay. That's a really naive view to take if you're the Spurs manager imo (particularly re the latter of those issues), and I don't think the reporter was really owed that patronising tone. It's a fair question, which is more about the Champions League and football finances than it is about Spurs. 

This, I think it’s one of those where everyone likes him to start with because he talks differently, but start getting annoyed by him later on, especially when they start to lose.

I think they’ll have a more difficult season next season, everyone knows that he’ll play 1 way, and 1 way only. They will identify how to beat that.

He has that Jose vibe when he first came to England does big Ange , everyone likes him now as he's a bit different and quirky who tells it as it is but I reckon soon enough, especially when things aren't going his way he will start growing tiresome and show his true nasty side, everyone will end up being sick of him.

Managers with a bit of different patter are always the clichéd "breath of fresh air," until they're not. The mask already slipped with Postecoglou when Spurs got done over with VAR not long after they benefited from the scousers howler.

19 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Managers with a bit of different patter are always the clichéd "breath of fresh air," until they're not. The mask already slipped with Postecoglou when Spurs got done over with VAR not long after they benefited from the scousers howler.

Not sure what you mean. He’s been pretty consistent about VAR from the start - he doesn’t think it’s a good thing (apart from maybe goal line stuff, can’t remember if he’s said anything about that). What did he say that suggested a mask slipped?

57 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not sure what you mean. He’s been pretty consistent about VAR from the start - he doesn’t think it’s a good thing (apart from maybe goal line stuff, can’t remember if he’s said anything about that). What did he say that suggested a mask slipped?

I'll have to go back and have a look, maybe the mask slipping was a bit strong but there was definitely something during your shaky run before you smashed us where said something and I thought "Yeah alright mate, bellend." 

3 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

He has that Jose vibe when he first came to England does big Ange , everyone likes him now as he's a bit different and quirky who tells it as it is but I reckon soon enough, especially when things aren't going his way he will start growing tiresome and show his true nasty side, everyone will end up being sick of him.

Big Ange will become Big Whinge soon enough.

He seems to have gotten a bit defensive over a fairly innocuous question, presumably as a way to avoid actually talking the finances. I feel like he could've covered it with 'it would be good but my job is to build a team with the resources we've got, CL money or not'. But I said from the off that I'd get sick of him purely because of others fawning over him just because he has the air of a bloke shooting the shit down the pub.

I feel like he could come out with the most incoherent shite yet everyone would still think he's ace because he did it in a chill Aussie accent sticking mate in every sentence.