Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

People should watch the Supermac interview. He hasn’t said too much wrong. They talked about how quick he was. Supermac claims to have been clocked at 10.4 for a hundred metres. They then talk about Saudi takeover Supermac the talks about how Mike Ashley asset stripped us and that Saudi’s are very popular.

quite sad people are willing to jump to conclusions over one of our legends like this actually.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

People should watch the Supermac interview. He hasn’t said too much wrong. They talked about how quick he was. Supermac claims to have been clocked at 10.4 for a hundred metres. They then talk about Saudi takeover Supermac the talks about how Mike Ashley asset stripped us and that Saudi’s are very popular.

quite sad people are willing to jump to conclusions over one of our legends like this actually.

What conclusion are people jumping to beyond him going on to cosy up with Nigel Farage like? Hardly like he was going on to offer a political counter argument to Farage and Grimes is it?

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What conclusion are people jumping to beyond him going on to cosy up with Nigel Farage like? Hardly like he was going on to offer a political counter argument to Farage and Grimes is it?

That he is some sort of gammon. Which is unfair.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

That he is some sort of gammon. Which is unfair.

Yeah, he probably chose to go on GB News to talk with Farage because his views don't align with his in any way. You're right that's much more likely. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

It wasn’t really all that political.

the conversation went something like this in a nutshell:

Farage: You we’re quick 

Supermac: yes I ran 10.4 seconds in a 100 m sprint only half a second of the world record at the time.

Farage: Newcastle are doing well, what do you think about the Saudi’s?

Supermac: Well Mike Ashley asset stripped the club and the Saudi’s are very popular here.

28 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

It wasn’t really all that political.

the conversation went something like this in a nutshell:

Farage: You we’re quick 

Supermac: yes I ran 10.4 seconds in a 100 m sprint only half a second of the world record at the time.

Farage: Newcastle are doing well, what do you think about the Saudi’s?

Supermac: Well Mike Ashley asset stripped the club and the Saudi’s are very popular here.

I've watched it like, I know it wasn't. He can obviously do whatever he wants, I don't personally care where he goes, what he believes, it's a free country and we all have opinions, yada yada.

But the idea that him going on GB News to talk with Farage indicates nothing at all is just completely daft. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

The sprint time claim comes from Superstars in the '70s - he did 96m (he was given a 4m head start) in 10.4 seconds.  Much faster than most could ever hope to do, but some tales become taller in the retelling.

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

A very strange man. Always found his brown-nosing of our fans nauseating

I get up at 5am every day - including weekends.  I don't arse myself with lists, mind - I've got labradors who want fed, watered, and walked at that time.  Maybe that's where I'm going wrong - it is why I'm not world class at what I do like Jake.

Unlike Jake, most of us don't get decisions most days of the week - Mon-Fri the list would be 'shit, shower, shave - gan to work, come yerm'.  Fucking lists my arse.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I'm not going to lie, i'm not sure whats too wrong with what Jake Humphries is saying there, it's patronising as hell, i'll give you that, but the overall message doesn't seem too bad :undecided:

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm not going to lie, i'm not sure whats too wrong with what Jake Humphries is saying there, it's patronising as hell, i'll give you that, but the overall message doesn't seem too bad :undecided:

He absolutely loves himself.

It's similar to that Molly Mae saying "we've all got the same 24 hours in a day"

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

The same, am I missing something? What does ‘at it again’ even mean? 

I’m confused. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The same, am I missing something? What does ‘at it again’ even mean? 

I’m confused. 

Being a pretentious arse.  The only one of those High Performance interviews I've seen was with Howe - it was three men sat in a room sounding like one of those self-help books which now pollute an entire section of every bookshop worldwide.

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Farage: "we always get this, don't we, the human rights record in Saudi Arabia ... all I'm saying is, in the end, doesn't the English Premier League need to keep some sense of Englishness"

Aye, nowt political in that interview like.

And Supermac’s response was very non political. Just started talking about Mike Ashley asset stripping the club and the people here like the Saudi’s.