Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

Almost farcical because of Poland that. 

Instead of coming down to least yellows, the rule should be the most boringest c**ts go out.

They've achieved what they wanted in getting through the group so how bad are they going to be now?

Edited by Wolfcastle

37 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’d rather Saudi were going through. Mexico stank the place out in the other 2 games and Poland are always pointless at tournaments.

Lately at least. Poland made two World Cup semi finals in their history, and had a fantastic team in the 70's and early 80's. They've been trash since 1986 though.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

I think what was overlooked was that Mexico could afford to concede that goal and still go through it they got a third. They really should have been even more gung-ho to get their goal. Even the commentators made a thing of the Saudi goal 'breaking their hearts' when it didn't matter at all in the context of play.

Edited by ponsaelius

6 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Crazy that it doesn't go to head-to-head record at any point. Two teams with the same points but one has beaten the other, seems a simple choice which should go on eh?

It does. 
https://www.eurosport.com/football/world-cup/2022/how-are-world-cup-2022-group-stages-decided-by-a-tie-breaker-is-it-goal-difference-or-head-to-head_sto9249634/story-amp.shtml

France and VARgentina (the two penalties they’ve gotten in this tournament are bullshit) are in the quarterfinals. If Uruguay doesn’t win tomorrow, dare I say Brazil should be there as well.

42 minutes ago, Flip said:

France and VARgentina (the two penalties they’ve gotten in this tournament are bullshit) are in the quarterfinals. If Uruguay doesn’t win tomorrow, dare I say Brazil should be there as well.

Ironically neither of the penalties Argentina got had an impact 

• 5 weeks later...