Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea (12/11/2022)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Klaus said:

It has to be deliberate I think. Tbf I don't think he deliberately blocked it with his arm, but it would have been a penalty in years gone by.

I'm sure I've seen penalties given this season that were identical to this one, but it just seems so subjective now.  We had a penalty given against us against Brentford when Burn was facing the opposite direction, and one given for us before when someone headed the ball down into Dier's arm, just seems very inconsistent

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Our decision making and final ball has been the issue, but it's easier just to blame Wood. Wilson would have struggled with the balls we played in that half, it doesn't help that Chelsea are camped in as well.

Wilson’s movement and ability make any final ball easier to pick out and provides more options.

Just now, Likelylad said:

Aye he’s not bad or anything but it’s the lack of quality and average movement. Wilson is so clever that you really notice when Wood replaces him in the team. 

No doubt, Wilson is a different level. :thup:

Not bad. Some decent positions created but the final ball is not there. However, it looks like we have the measure of them. For once, we have players on the bench to change the game.

Another first half shutout of the opposition, so that's only two goals conceded in fifteen first halves now.

7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

The unnatural position argument is inconsistent. IMO the rule should be based on whether an arm is used to stop a cross or goal where there was no way the ball was being stopped if the arm wasn’t there, i.e. no other body part behind it.

I’m very happy that that the rule is stricter now, games shouldn’t be decided by who manages to hit oppositions arm in the box (like the Liverpool-Spurs CL final).

Just need to be consistent with it.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Chrisjraby said:

I'm sure I've seen penalties given this season that were identical to this one, but it just seems so subjective now.  We had a penalty given against us against Brentford when Burn was facing the opposite direction, and one given for us before when someone headed the ball down into Dier's arm, just seems very inconsistent

Completely agree with this.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wilson’s movement and ability make any final ball easier to pick out and provides more options.

I don't disagree like, but our final balls have been poor.

Nowt to worry about like, I'm sure it'll improve 2nd half.