The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Whisper it gentlemen, but Arsenal will be secretly shitting themselves they've got Newcastle (A) in May. Especially after the demolition job we did on them 12 months ago. That could easily be their 'Liverpool 4-3' and throw a huge stick in their wheel

36 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

We still have the harder games left to play so I’m not getting too carried away right now.  The away games against Chelsea, Everton, Leeds and Villa are big match stadia and rivalries which we could easily struggle for win in any of them. I don’t think that will happen because we’re a top team now and will find a way to get something, but it’s going to be tight. 

Overall we deserve to finish in the top 4 and even top 3 because we have been the third best team in the league for sure

Chelsea have nothing to play for. Plus they’ll have a couple of months of Lampard’s leadership. With any luck Leeds might already be safe by the time we get there. Wouldn’t be surprised if Everton don’t win another game. Their schedule is brutal. Man City, us, and relegation six pointers every week.

We have a 3 point lead on Spurs, effectively 4 with the GD and still have to play them at home AND we have a game in hand. Spurs still need to play Newcastle (A), Man U (H), Villa (A), Liverpool (A) and Brentford (H). They also need to go to Leeds on the final day who might just need a point to stay up. 

We're in a fantastic and unexpected position right now. We keep our shit together and beat the dross then we'll be very difficult to overhaul. Absolute worst case scenario is a 5th place finish now. If the end of the season is a nightmare then we finish 5th. How fucking mental is that? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, midds said:

Whisper it gentlemen, but Arsenal will be secretly shitting themselves they've got Newcastle (A) in May. Especially after the demolition job we did on them 12 months ago. That could easily be their 'Liverpool 4-3' and throw a huge stick in their wheel

Oddly more confident about Arsenal than Spurs. I hate them so much; just know that Kane will fall over and get som dodgy penalty.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

We have a 3 point lead on Spurs, effectively 4 with the GD and still have to play them at home AND we have a game in hand. Spurs still need to play Newcastle (A), Man U (H), Villa (A), Liverpool (A) and Brentford (H). They also need to go to Leeds on the final day who might just need a point to stay up. 

We're in a fantastic and unexpected position right now. We keep our shit together and beat the dross then we'll be very difficult to overhaul. Absolute worst case scenario is a 5th place finish now. If the end of the season is a nightmare then we finish 5th. How fucking mental is that? :lol: 

Absolutely. If someone said a cup final and 5th at the start of this season I'd have snapped their bloody arm off never mind their hand.

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Spurs have 3 rotten fixtures in the next 5. Newcastle and Liverpool away with Man U at home in between. They're probably going to need at least 2 wins from those.

Is Man U at home that much of a difficult fixture these days? Won 1 of their last 5 away league games. Been absolutely annihilated in the last two.

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Absolutely. If someone said a cup final and 5th at the start of this season I'd have snapped their bloody arm off never mind their hand.

Imperative we take 9-10 points from Leicester (H), Soton (H), Everton (A) and Leeds (A) mind. I've already banked those :lol:

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Is Man U at home that much of a difficult fixture these days? Won 1 of their last 5 away league games. Been absolutely annihilated in the last two.

When they have Casemiro back and they're a direct rival then yes. He's the difference for them this season. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Imperative we take 9-10 points from Leicester (H), Soton (H), Everton (A) and Leeds (A) mind. I've already banked those :lol:

Aye before West Ham, I had us winning one of the West Ham/Brentford/Villa games, one of the Spurs/Brighton games and winning those 4 as seeing us get 4th (Chelsea and Arsenal 'free hits').

We've bought ourselves a little slip up in those 4 games today.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Imagine thinking we’d be in this position 2 years ago? You’d probably be sectioned. Our overall form since Eddie came in is absolutely sex piss levels of joy, from looking at almost certain relegation to almost hearing that sweet, sweet champions league music. I just can’t put it into words. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

When they have Casemiro back and they're a direct rival then yes. He's the difference for them this season. 

That’s a fair point. Although he was playing against Liverpool…

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

The beauty of that fixture is one or both are dropping points.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye before West Ham, I had us winning one of the West Ham/Brentford/Villa games, one of the Spurs/Brighton games and winning those 4 as seeing us get 4th (Chelsea and Arsenal 'free hits').

We've bought ourselves a little slip up in those 4 games today.

Totally agree. 

I've also sensed a willingness from Howe to take the shackles off a bit and just go for it in games in the last month or 2. Just get the best players on the pitch as much as possible and hope the system holds up enough for the talent in the final third to create and score. None more so than today - Gordon and Wilson on at HT and saying 'fuck it', get about them and see what happens. Shit or bust

16 minutes ago, midds said:

Likewise. Previously I'd earmarked Villa as a winnable fixture but given recent form I'd absolutely take a draw there, especially as we beat Man United, thus keeping us 2 points ahead of my optimistic schedule :lol:

I'm currently of the view this will be our most successful point return in the PL like, despite finishing 3rd or 4th.

3rd Newcastle P 29 GD 27 Pts 56   4th Man Utd P 29 GD 7 Pts 56   5th Tottenham P 30 GD 13 Pts 53      6th Aston Villa P 30 GD 1 Pts 47     7th Brighton  P 28 GD 16 Pts 46     8th Liverpool P 28 GD 15 Pts 43
Villa (a) 15 Apr 12-30                        Notts Forest  16th Apr 16-30         Bournemouth (h) 15 apr 15-00        Newcastle (h) 15 Apr 12-30         Chelsea (a) 15 apr 15-00        Arsenal (h) 9th Apr 16-30
Tottenham (h) 23 Apr 14-00          Tottenham 27th Apr 20-15           Newcastle (a) 23 apr 14-00             Brentford  (a) 22 Apr 15-00         Notts Forest (a) 26 Apr 19-30         Leeds (a) 17th april 20-00              
Everton (a) 27 Apr 19-45                 Aston Villa 30th Apr 14-00                Man utd (h) 27 apr 20-15             Fulham (h) 25 Apr 19-45     Wolves (h) 29 Apr 15-00 n                 Notts Forest (h) 22rd apr 15-00
Southamton (h) 30th Apr 14-00    Brighton (a)  4th May 20-00          Liverpool  (a) 30th apr 16-30          Man U (a) 30th Apr 14-00                   Man Utd (h) 4 May 20-00       West Ham (a) 26th apr 20-0
Arsenal (h) 7th May 16-30              West ham (a)  7th May 19-00         Crystal p  (h) 6th May 15-00        Wolves (a) 13th May 15-00                  Everton (h) 8th May 17-30      Tottenham (h) 30th Apr 16-30
Leeds (a) 13th May 12-30               Wolves (h)  13th May 15-00            Villa (a) 13 May 15-00                  Tottenham (h) 13th may 15-00           Arsenal (a) 14 May 16-30                Fulham (h) 3rd may 20-00
Leicester (h)  20rd May 15-00      Bournemouth (a) 20th may 15-00   Brentford (h) 20 May 15-00       Liverpool (a) 20th May 15-00          Southampton (h) 20 May 15-00      Brentford (h) 6th May 17-30
Chelsea (a) 28rd May 16-30         Fulham (h) 28th May 16-30              Leeds (a) 28 May 16-30              Brighton  (h) 28th may 16-30             Villa (a)  28th 16-30                       Leicester (a) 15th May 20-00
Man City (h) tbc                                      Chelsea (H) tbc                                                                                                                                   Man City (h) Tbc                             Villa (h) 20th May 15-00
Brighton  (h) tbc                                                                                                                                                                                                             Newcastle (a) tbc                           Southamton (a) 28th may 16-30

Edited by astraguy
ffs was fine in the making,try to tidy it tomorrow

Finishing the season with Leicester and Chelsea would have been tough I'd have thought in August, but Leicester in free fall and Chelsea having a nightmare season doesnt half suit us. Four of the current bottom 5 left to play, and Spurs, Brighton and Arsenal at SJP. Id fancy us if I didnt know better.