The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, pubteam said:

Be very surprised if he isn't charged for that, he thinks he's clever, but he's attacking the referees integrity. It's one thing for a fan to say it, but not a manager

In the NFL you'd get one up the arse from the league for that.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Said I’d be confident to the point where it’s done if we got 7 from Spurs, Everton and Southampton. Here we have 9 and I’m still shitting myself man. Sick.

This is how I've been feeling, kept saying I wouldn't feel confident until after the next weekends result, realised I won't feel comfortable until it's a mathematical certainty. Much rather this concern then looking for points to avoid the drop though

This all feels like more of a return to how things should be to me :) - there’s nothing wrong with looking at the table and thinking ‘it’s not wrapped up yet’; but I feel little anxiety about it, and never used to in the 90s or early 00s either.  Pressure on points when you’re shite and at the bottom is worse, because you can quite easily lose the next five games.  For Liverpool to catch us would require something extraordinary from all concerned; is there a mathematical chance it can happen?  Yeah, of course.  Will it?  It looks like a massive reach to me - these lads will finish the job now.  We’re not even struggling over the line in games atm (Liverpool are, btw) - we’re flattening teams. 

9 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Said I’d be confident to the point where it’s done if we got 7 from Spurs, Everton and Southampton. Here we have 9 and I’m still shitting myself man. Sick.

I was convinced it was ours if we beat Spurs :lol:

We won yesterday and objectively made it more likely, yet the number of "oh but Liverpool" comments has exponentially increased. :lol:

We also won our game convincingly with wave after wave of attack. Liverpool shipped three goals and had their woodwork hit at least twice, by a team with a temporary manager, in a game played at home.

7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

We won yesterday and objectively made it more likely, yet the number of "oh but Liverpool" comments has exponentially increased. :lol:

We also won our game convincingly with wave after wave of attack. Liverpool shipped three goals and had their woodwork hit at least twice, by a team with a temporary manager, in a game played at home.

Against a team we just bullied.

Probably only need 6 points at most with the goal difference. +11 is a lot to make up within 5 games. I still think Liverpool will drop points also, their last 3 games, they have been quite fortunate to win each game. Really though if we lose a 9 point lead from this stage with three games at home and two against teams in the bottom 5, then serious questions should be asked. We won't though. 

Edited by et tu brute

Other than the Villa game (which is at their place) the rest of Liverpools run looks very winnable to me.

Two more home games against Fulham, then Brentford. Then away to Leicester. Home against Villa. And away to bottom of the table Southampton.

It’s their away form that’s been shocking but I can’t see either of those sides beating them.

Plus, they’re spawny cunts. Especially at home. 

Instead of imagining the worst, imagine this instead: Liverpool draw (or worse) their two games this week: we beat Arsenal and they are done. 

Regardless of what Liverpool does this week if we beat Arsenal I’m going to be thinking about beating Man United for third more than any team behind us.

We've got to assume it's 7 points needed not 6. While the late winner today was annoying, at 3-0 after 15 mins it was looking like it could have been 5 or 6 like us, so to only win by 1 is a slight consolation, but that current 11 goal advantage could quite easily be overturned.

We've accepted that they pretty much have to win every game now to be in contention, and we'd have to drop points for this to even be relevant, so if they were to win their next 4 matches heading into the final day, and we either win 2 and lose 2 or win 1 and draw 3, that 11 advantage will probably be more like 5 heading into the final day (unless we battered say Leeds), and I don't know about you guys, but if Chelsea has shown some signs of life by then, I wouldn't be fully confident if we were 3 points clear and had a 4 or 5 goal advantage, because if we lost 0-1, a 3/4-0 win at relegated Southampton would be enough, 2-0 Chelsea, would require 2/3-0 Liverpool etc. I would want that GD advantage to be at least 7 if they were within 3 points of us.

If they are to beat Fulham and Brentford this week before we play, then hopefully they are just by 1 or 2 max.

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

brentford wont be pushovers.

going for their first european qualification.

and they have Toney.

I agree, same with Villa, and to a lesser extent Fulham. It’s that they are all at Anfield that gives them the advantage. They get away with some absolute honking decisions there (including today). Those factors combined make them favourites, for me. More than happy to be proved wrong though. ?

1 minute ago, JUICE690 said:

I agree, same with Villa, and to a lesser extent Fulham. It’s that they are all at Anfield that gives them the advantage. They get away with some absolute honking decisions there (including today). Those factors combined make them favourites, for me. More than happy to be proved wrong though. ?

Favourites for top 4, or favourites to win all their matches?

There's no way Liverpool will overturn the GD. They've got Fulham, Brentford and Villa still to play and none of those teams are poor defensively. 

Leicester have improved but obviously do concede a fair amount of goals and then obviously last day of the season, Southampton could well capitulate entirely. But that's a huge ask to win every single game and have a +2GD win each time they do. 

It’s so frustrating because without VAR/PGMOL throwing games for them this week they’d be looking at a max 67 rather than a max 71 and would be pretty much out of it. 

Now with similar levels of corruption they are likely to be within 3 by kick off on Sunday. Just have to hope we take care of our business. 

34 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

There's no way Liverpool will overturn the GD. They've got Fulham, Brentford and Villa still to play and none of those teams are poor defensively. 

Leicester have improved but obviously do concede a fair amount of goals and then obviously last day of the season, Southampton could well capitulate entirely. But that's a huge ask to win every single game and have a +2GD win each time they do. 

Well, in this doom and gloom scenario they just really need to batter one team (plausible) and we will lose more games than we win so our GD will take a knock

It would have been nice for them to drop points today and would be nice they drop some in their next two fixtures but I'm not expecting that to be the case

Ultimately we know what we need to do to finish ahead of them and that's what we need to focus on