The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Mainly down to the fact we put 8 past sheffield united. That inflated the GD massively just like Liverpool always had a decent GD due to the 9-0 against Bournemouth last season. To wipe that result out wed need to lose 4 games by 2 or be spanked in 2 games. On current going thats not likely to happen so i think our GD will be amongst the best all season now

We beat Palace and Villa by 4 goals each.  Tail end of last season we beat Spurs by 5, West Ham by 4, Brighton and Everton by 3.  Sheffield Utd was a big result, but it's not like it's that much of an anomaly, we're hammering teams once or twice a month.

Edited by Troll

16 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Mainly down to the fact we put 8 past sheffield united. That inflated the GD massively just like Liverpool always had a decent GD due to the 9-0 against Bournemouth last season. To wipe that result out wed need to lose 4 games by 2 or be spanked in 2 games. On current going thats not likely to happen so i think our GD will be amongst the best all season now

You can remove 5 goals from that game and we're still joint 3rd. Remove everyone's biggest win and we have the 2nd best goal difference, 1 behind Man City and Liverpool.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

We're doing great in all three competitions. 16 points from 9 games may only get us sixth, but its a solid start and there's still a long way to go. Based on performances, it could easily have been twenty plus points.

Us doing well in CL also makes it more likely that England will get another CL place. Early signs are that top 5 will be a much easier ask than top 4. If they can keep it up, good luck to Villa and Brighton. A little luck to Ange, who's a good un. Fuck everyone else.

Our next seven league games are no easy run; we have 3 winnables: Wolves/Bournemouth/everton and the others are against top six teams Arse/chelsea/Manu/Tottenham. I think they will define our season to be honest. If we do well in them I can see us getting a couple of reinforcements in jan to keep up the momentum.

With Tonali about to be banned, we will need a central mid replacement in jan, it will be nice to get willock back and big joe up and running again also.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Our next seven league games are no easy run; we have 3 winnables: Wolves/Bournemouth/everton and the others are against top six teams Arse/chelsea/Manu/Tottenham. I think they will define our season to be honest. If we do well in them I can see us getting a couple of reinforcements in jan to keep up the momentum.

With Tonali about to be banned, we will need a central mid replacement in jan, it will be nice to get willock back and big joe up and running again also.

I reckon even 11 points, from the next 7 games, keeps us on track for sixth. There are two ‘Tier 1’ teams (Arsenal and Man Utd) at home, two Tier 2 teams (Chelsea at home, Spurs away), two Tier 3 teams (Wolves and Bournemouth) away, and one Tier 4 (Everton) away. Anything more than that and we’re looking at/on track for an even higher finish than that. 

16 hours ago, Troll said:

We beat Palace and Villa by 4 goals each.  Tail end of last season we beat Spurs by 5, West Ham by 4, Brighton and Everton by 3.  Sheffield Utd was a big result, but it's not like it's that much of an anomaly, we're hammering teams once or twice a month.

beating someone 8-0 away from home is a huge anomaly i've never seen it before i've seen us score 7 away a few times but never 8. your'e absolutely right we are spanking teams regularly but what i was alluding to is your GD going up by 8 in one game is going to make it average out across the season that we will always have one of the best GDS if we continue to be as consistent as we have been the last 18 months.

I can see us hitting 5 and 6 a few more times this season too the way we play certainly wouldn't be suprised if we hit someone for 7 at home 

Aston Villa (h) 5-1 v 4-0 

City (a) 1-0 v 2-0

Liverpool (h) 1-2 v 0-2

Brighton (a) 3-1 v 0-0

Brentford home (h) 1-0 v 5-1

Sheffield United (Leeds) (a) 0-8 v 2-2

Burnley (Leicester) (h) 2-0 v 0-0

West Ham (a) 2-2 v 1-5

Palace (h) 4-0 v 0-0

Wolves (a) 2-2 v 1-1

+3 points, +7 goal difference.

Was on uefa site checking the coefficient and ended up checking out next years champions league. I’m sure it’s probably been mentioned already but I had no idea that it was changing so much, as is the Europa, 8 guaranteed games all against different teams with a giant league of 36, top 8 straight through and next 16 playing off to make last 16. Don’t like sound if it but makes it more important to get in, 8 guaranteed games with more chance of at least another two. 

Edited by ramirez

Being realistic, I would be astonished if we did it this season. There’s too much competition, and we haven’t improved enough. I’m adjusting my hopes, and will probably enjoy the season a bit more now.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Would you prefer 6th and finishing last in the CL group.  Or 7th/8th but getting to R16 in CL or QF in Europa?

We did the latter under Alan fkin Pardew dude. Top 6 is the absolute minimum we need to aim for given the early season mitigating circumstances.

It kind of feels like a repeat of 1994/5

had an amazing 93/94 where we caught everyone by surprised and finished 3rd. Then dropped off the next season finishing 6th while selling Cole even though had a positive start.

but then a great summer build in 1995/6 saw us compete for the title. 

Can see us struggling to manage the games this season due to injuries and slightly dropping off.

but with Tonali back and a great summer spend in a starting RW, RCB, ST and CDM to go for a title push next year.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

We did the latter under Alan fkin Pardew dude. Top 6 is the absolute minimum we need to aim for given the early season mitigating circumstances.

And finished 16th. 

I don’t look at this squad and think ‘top 6 no excuses’. It’s too thin.  Not enough quality. Some bad luck with injuries and/or an extended European campaign and we could easily finish behind 6 or 7 other clubs without doing too much wrong.