The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Posted (edited)

what worries me about the game at Old Trafford is our patchy away form and terrible record there 

I know we won convincingly there in the LC this season, however I don't think the LC meant that much to them compared to the league, which is like 1 win in almost 50 years 

It'll also be their final home game of the season so would expect a decent send off from their fans before cup final 

and if they lose to Arsenal they'll be extremely motivated not to lose successive home games 

that said, given their form and injuries, it does feel like we'll never have a better opportunity to go there and win 

suppose a draw would also be a decent result 

Edited by Ginola14

37 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

what worries me about the game at Old Trafford is our patchy away form and terrible record there 

I know we won convincingly there in the LC this season, however I don't think the LC meant that much to them compared to the league, which is like 1 win in almost 50 years 

It'll also be their final home game of the season so would expect a decent send off from their fans before cup final 

and if they lose to Arsenal they'll be extremely motivated not to lose successive home games 

that said, given their form and injuries, it does feel like we'll never have a better opportunity to go there and win 

To be fair the record is only that bad because for almost the entirety of those 50 years they've been a better team than us. We're only starting to look better than them now. I also think the atmosphere will be toxic or at best apathetic if they lose to Arsenal this weekend. The fans will be sick to death of the state of affairs on the pitch and most will know Ten Hag is probably moving on as well. They've only two wins in their last ten games, I could see them losing all 3 of their remaining games at this rate.

If Dortmund win the CL and finish 5th in the league, then Germany get 6 CL places next season. 

Not sure if that means one place less in the EL or ECL, but if not probably makes it slightly harder for England to get the extra CL spot by being in top two country coefficients.

@Paullow any idea?

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

If Dortmund win the CL and finish 5th in the league, then Germany get 6 CL places next season. 

Not sure if that means one place less in the EL or ECL, but if not probably makes it slightly harder for England to get the extra CL spot by being in top two country coefficients.

@Paullow any idea?

The coefficient gets divided by the number of the teams in competitions.

Just now, Pata said:

The coefficient gets divided by the number of the teams in competitions.

Yeah, so it’s kinda 50/50 as to whether having more teams is a help or a hindrance in that regard I suppose. 

Arguably having more in the CL is a hinderance, as more likely that at least some get knocked out early.

Previous season the extra spot would've gone to Eredivisie which don't have that many teams in European competitions, I don't think having extra team is an edge at all like you said.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Previous season the extra spot would've gone to Eredivisie which don't have that many teams in European competitions, I don't think having extra team is an edge at all like you said.

In a way that’s probably a good thing in fairness terms, as it reduces the chances of the extra place constantly being the same two countries.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There’s no guarantee of 6 places for 1 FA. UEFA may just give it 5 to Germany.  

There is. It’s in the rules.

If we had an extra game or two I think we could have easily caught Spurs but I think they’ll get 4 points from remaining games. Burnley a draw possibly.

Not sure we’ll win all remaining games, Brentford away is a tough one.

Confident for 6th. It’s ours to lose.

7 hours ago, Decky said:

Brighton is a massive game with Man Utd playing Arsenal. A win for us and defeat for Man Utd will mean we just need one more point for 7th which is likely to be Conference League. If we win and Forest beat Chelsea as well we're in dreamland, just one point needed for 6th.

Scenes if Burnley get a result at Spurs too.

11 hours ago, Ginola14 said:

We've nothing to fear from Man U these days. We no longer roll over to them and always give them a game. 3 games left and 6th is in our hands and not theirs, and 5th is not impossible yet either. 

18 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Didn't Boehly buy Chelsea thinking they were just in the CL every year like an NFL franchise? :lol: 

I don't know if he actually thought that or just assumed they'd be in it every year. Either way it seems clear that their 'plan' was predicated on Champions League revenue flowing in.

7 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

We wont catch Spurs - im more worried about Chelsea. They hit form and have a fairly easy finish :-/ 

Fingers crossed Forest give them a good game this weekend, what with their failed points deduction appeal. Forest will at least need/want a point.

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Would be so weird if they sacked him now. They have finally found some lasting form and are finally in the right direction..

Why is this even a discussion? I’d be so happy if they sacked him.

Chelsea's remaining fixtures look eminently winnable to me, and I think they might win all of them.  Seven points from us and that shouldn't matter though - so it would be good to start with three today vs Brighton ...

Chelsea have been as shit as us away from home and their next 2 games are away, we need to win today and pickup a point as can't see them and Man U getting more than 6 points which is what they will need if we win today and get a draw in next 2