The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, black_n_white said:

Would it be fair to say we are in a mini league with Man Utd, West Ham and Chelsea now? 

I think we need to just play our own game and put the most points up on the board as possible and not worry about other clubs at all. We're in the driver's seat of the best of the rest.

4 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Would it be fair to say we are in a mini league with Man Utd, West Ham and Chelsea now? 

West Ham are gone, Man United are a mess and Chelsea are currently getting beat and have the most work to do. 

8 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

We're in the driving seat now, West Ham have had a couple of bad results, we've got the far superior GD over Man Utd and this Chesea result puts them 3 behind with an inferior GD, concentrate on our own game and we finish at least 6th.

9 points will do top 7 IMO. Win our two home games and smash Burnley away. 

If we want 6th beat Man United at Old Trafford.

1 minute ago, BermyToon said:

Any preferences for Europa vs Conference League? I'm tempted by the Conference League myself cause it gives a higher chance of winning a trophy.

Same here, you would have to consider us favourites to win it.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

3 wins leaves Chelsea needing 4 wins and a draw from 6 games, West Ham needing to win the last 4, Brighton to win 5 out of 6. Should be enough! 

6th would be dreamy.

Yes it would, not sure we have ever finished above Man Utd?

Edited by black_n_white

I still can't comprehend anyone preferring the Conference League. If that's where we end up then so be it, but the Europa League is far better in just about every way (prestige, opponents, money, coefficient points, rewards, etc. etc.). 

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I still can't comprehend anyone preferring the Conference League. If that's where we end up then so be it, but the Europa League is far better in just about every way (prestige, opponents, money, coefficient points, rewards, etc. etc.). 

You’re right of course, but the differential between EL and ECL is tiny compared to the differential between EL and CL, so the idea of it being ‘easier to win’, has a fair bit more sway.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but, winning the Conference wouldn't feel like that much of an achievement. I feel myself turning my nose up at it.

If we're going to wait 50+ years to win something, I want it to be as glorious as possible. We'd go into the ECL as favourites with a budget that puts most other clubs in it to shame. Plus, if West Ham and Villa have already won it. The Europa League is different. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

50 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

Any preferences for Europa vs Conference League? I'm tempted by the Conference League myself cause it gives a higher chance of winning a trophy.

I wouldn't be against the Conference League but I wouldn't really see it as a major European trophy worthy of a big celebration to be totally honest. Europa would be awesome though. I'd mostly be stoked about winning the Conference League getting us into Europa the next season (right?).