The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Current top 6 are:

Newcastle 2/5

Chelsea 9/4

Man Utd 8/1

Chelsea definitely look the biggest threat now and probably have the best fixtures on paper, but we do have the points advantage and GD (which shouldn't be overturned).

I'd be fine with 7th, but while it would be nice to finally finish above Man Utd, it will make that FA Cup final a lot more important as it would either be Conference or nothing defending on the outcome of the final (this is assuming Man Utd came 8th).

1 hour ago, healthyaddiction said:

I thought Burnley were in good form?

They had lost 1 in the previous 8. I didn't take the win as inevitable.

Win, lose or draw I stand by what I say because my reasoning is usually solid.

No time to be worrying about other teams, and their fixtures/results.

6th is in our hands and no can change that, unless we screw it up.

Massive week for us next week, and I trust Eddie the team to get this one over the line.  Great to have some players back as well. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

They had lost 1 in the previous 8. I didn't take the win as inevitable.

Win, lose or draw I stand by what I say because my reasoning is usually solid.

You were just looking at recent results without knowing anything about their team so that wasn't solid reasoning, it was just guesswork really.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You were just looking at recent results without knowing anything about their team so that wasn't solid reasoning, it was just guesswork really.

So you are an expert on Burnley?

The logic was reasonable. You can look at a teams recent results and surmise roughly where they are.

Posted (edited)

Brighton is a massive game with Man Utd playing Arsenal. A win for us and defeat for Man Utd will mean we just need one more point for 7th which is likely to be Conference League. If we win and Forest beat Chelsea as well we're in dreamland, just one point needed for 6th.

Edited by Decky

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

So you are an expert on Burnley?

The logic was reasonable. You can look at a teams recent results and surmise roughly where they are.

No I'm not. That's why I asked for your reasoning why they might be such a problem beyond their recent results, e.g., players who might give us a problem due to specific attributes such as pace or set pieces. Think of Forest and Palace who regardless of their results have players who can clearly hurt us.

I fully expect us to beat Man Utd too. If they go there knowing a win gets us into Europe I expect us to go for it similar to Spurs last year when we knew the top 4 was on the line. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

No I'm not. That's why I asked for your reasoning why they might be such a problem beyond their recent results, e.g., players who might give us a problem due to specific attributes such as pace or set pieces. Think of Forest and Palace who regardless of their results have players who can clearly hurt us.

A team in better confidence isn't a specific attribute? A team that had shown some togetherness in recent weeks can be discounted?

A team that was regularly conceding 3+ goals, tightening up a bit isn't a specific reason?

There's some value in that. Had they been regularly conceding 3+ goals like they were earlier, I would have expected them to continue. It all counts.

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

I fully expect us to beat Man Utd too. If they go there knowing a win gets us into Europe I expect us to go for it similar to Spurs last year when we knew the top 4 was on the line. 

The weekend's results will be huge.  Man U are a team that can really go either way. With the injuries though - I expect it to go badly for them.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

The weekend's results will be huge.  Man U are a team that can really go either way. With the injuries though - I expect it to go badly for them.

I'll be amazed if that side last night goes on to get anything against Arsenal. We're a different story because we've seen how poor we can be on the road and we've our own defensive injuries. If we show up at Old Trafford I expect us to win quite easily. 

Yeah, I mean Brighton is our first challenge and we shouldn’t be looking beyond that.

However if you are looking at that Man Utd team from last night and in recent weeks, and possibly across the whole season, you would think if we can get Joelinton in midfield, then we should be able to dominate them.

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

I'll be amazed if that side last night goes on to get anything against Arsenal. We're a different story because we've seen how poor we can be on the road and we've our own defensive injuries. If we show up at Old Trafford I expect us to win quite easily. 

I expect Arsenal to win and rack up the goals. But I wouldn't be amazed if it ended 1-0 or 2-2 somehow.

54 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, I mean Brighton is our first challenge and we shouldn’t be looking beyond that.

However if you are looking at that Man Utd team from last night and in recent weeks, and possibly across the whole season, you would think if we can get Joelinton in midfield, then we should be able to dominate them.

yup Our last home game too,Win that pressure on spuds then man u, Lose or draw and its squeaky bum time 

Posted (edited)

I ended up with us and Chelsea neck and neck. I had us 1 win and 2 draws. Chelsea 2 wins and 1 draw. Man United 1 draw.

Screenshot_20240507_172637_Chrome.jpg

Edited by STM