The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

45 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Essentially hoping you are paying £20 for us to finish in the top 4 

Yes that's  a small price to pay when we do.

But nice to have insurance to ease the pain if we go Bruce in the final games. 

That's the true blood money

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is what gives me confidence, and has done all season even during the dodgy runs. Howe is a super-conscientious, detail-obsessed workaholic and I trust him completely to motivate the players and get things right tactically. 

If people need reassuring then over the last 10 games only City have accrued more points than us. We actually gained 3 points more than Liverpool

If you want to look at a shorter time then during the last 6 games Liverpool have gained a point on us

Something drastically has to go wrong for that to completely flip on it's head

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

Essentially hoping you are paying £20 for us to finish in the top 4 

Yes that's  a small price to pay when we do.

But nice to have insurance to ease the pain if we go Bruce in the final games. 

I did similar a few years ago when I travelled up for a double header of Everton and Leicester at SJP. Put a double on us losing both with the thinking if I lose it means I've seen some extent of footballing success. Instead the winnings paid for the entire 5 day trip. :lol: Every cloud and all that shite.

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

I did similar a few years ago when I travelled up for a double header of Everton and Leicester at SJP. Put a double on us losing both with the thinking if I lose it means I've seen some extent of footballing success. Instead the winnings paid for the entire 5 day trip. :lol: Every cloud and all that shite.

Cant beat monetary cover, I Call it shit happens insurance.O0

13 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If NO is like this, they must be pulling the Red Cafe lot off bridges.

I can guarantee there'll be plenty of Man U fans shitting their pants after yesterday's result.

My overriding worry is how we deal with the pressure. Let's be honest - Liverpool will be 3 points behind us before kick off, granted with 2 tricky games in hand to Arsenal & Brighton. IF we lose, then that trip to Leeds becomes huge. 

To contradict my worry though, we play with no fear. It's just the lack of experience in this moment which gives me a slight worry, but even the worst of us should relax if we beat Arsenal.

I actually became more confident - despite shitting myself for the past 2/3 weeks - when Liverpool beat Fulham. Dodgy pen decision against a team on their holidays missing a good few of their key players. They've not been impressive recently at all.

They do have it in them to smash a team which will probably be Brentford now I've said this, but Brentford and Villa will definitely give them a game.

It's Man United who should be bricking it in all honesty. I stuck £50 on Liverpool to qualify at 8/1 about 2 weeks ago, thinking they'd displace us if anyone. If we get in alongside them then I'm a very happy man :lol: 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Even Liverpool win on Saturday and we lose on Sunday we're still in a really healthy position. 

We are indeed. It's just how we cope with the pressure is what I'm saying. It wasn't too long ago the gap was 12 points (after they'd drew with Arsenal).

Thankfully, the manager and players we have should give us overriding confidence that the job will get done. As Trippier says; Pressure is a privilege. 

We dealt with more pressure than this last year in a relegation battle with pretty much the same squad of players and relegation would have set us back years. They have the mindset and second half against Southampton showed that. We got this.

10 minutes ago, pubteam said:

We dealt with more pressure than this last year in a relegation battle with pretty much the same squad of players and relegation would have set us back years. They have the mindset and second half against Southampton showed that. We got this.

That’s the spirit! :indi:

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

My overriding worry is how we deal with the pressure. Let's be honest - Liverpool will be 3 points behind us before kick off, granted with 2 tricky games in hand to Arsenal & Brighton. IF we lose, then that trip to Leeds becomes huge. 

To contradict my worry though, we play with no fear. It's just the lack of experience in this moment which gives me a slight worry, but even the worst of us should relax if we beat Arsenal.

I actually became more confident - despite shitting myself for the past 2/3 weeks - when Liverpool beat Fulham. Dodgy pen decision against a team on their holidays missing a good few of their key players. They've not been impressive recently at all.

They do have it in them to smash a team which will probably be Brentford now I've said this, but Brentford and Villa will definitely give them a game.

It's Man United who should be bricking it in all honesty. I stuck £50 on Liverpool to qualify at 8/1 about 2 weeks ago, thinking they'd displace us if anyone. If we get in alongside them then I'm a very happy man :lol: 

It’s certainly not a forgone conclusion that Brentford lose to Liverpool.