The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I can guarantee there'll be plenty of Man U fans shitting their pants after yesterday's result.

Not yet, and not even if we don't win on Sunday. 

The games we have always expected to win are Wolves, Fulham and Bournemouth. If we draw against Wolves then it's shit the bed time. Would mean we then need to win against Chelsea provided we don't get a result against West Ham. 

There's longer breaks coming up between games now which should help us. 

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's based on 'guaranteeing' Europe, not what you need to actually make it. 

I think this thinking is what is making people nervous, thinking you have to make the absolute maximum amount of points to do it. 

So I didn’t understand it after all ?

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It’s certainly not a forgone conclusion that Brentford lose to Liverpool. 

It's not a foregone conclusion that we beat Leicester or Chelsea for that matter. Both have players who can hurt you, I don't see any easy games for us at this point. That's why I think Howe has the right idea not to look too far ahead and just make sure we beat Arsenal on Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Hebburn said:

Marriner is VAR for the Liverpool game tomorrow, fucks sake.

Marriner can sit in front of the VAR screen wearing a full Liverpool kit at this point, he can do fuck all if we win a couple of our remaining games.

Arsenal aside, our fixture list isn't that bad at all:

Leeds - 17th. Recently been humped at home to Palace and Liverpool and will be a week into to implementing the plans of their third manager of the season.

Brighton - 6th. Brighton are a are a really tidy outfit who will set up in a way that exposes a lot of our weakness. Even so, they're hitting a rough bit of form and it'll be the second week of a hectic schedule under the lights at SJP. 

Leicester - 16th. Showed a bit of fight under Smith, but still failed to beat relegation rivals Leeds and Everton in recent games. Plenty of talent in attacking positions, but they're absolute bobbins at the back and it's another evening game at SJP.

Chelsea - 12th. They're as bad as anybody in the league right now. Clearly Lampard hasn't given them the shot in the arm they required and they look to have downed tools for the season. 

If don't get seven points from those fixtures plus Arsenal, we only have ourselves to blame really.

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Based on his performance last night he'll be helping Brentford cos he might as well have worn a Man-U top 

He just seems to side with the 'bigger' team in any given game, as do most refs but Marriner is fucking blatant about it.

48 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not a foregone conclusion that we beat Leicester or Chelsea for that matter. Both have players who can hurt you, I don't see any easy games for us at this point. That's why I think Howe has the right idea not to look too far ahead and just make sure we beat Arsenal on Sunday.

Agreed, I don’t think any game is a forgone conclusion really 

That fucking Liverpool away game man, i'm still not properly over it yet, i will be when we get top 4 though as ultimately it won't have mattered.

I felt so bloody gutted and robbed after that game.

7 minutes ago, Hebburn said:

That fucking Liverpool away game man, i'm still not properly over it yet, i will be when we get top 4 though as ultimately it won't have mattered.

I felt so bloody gutted and robbed after that game.

I was more annoyed by the robbery at home to Palace a week later. 

Just so I've got this correct:

Liverpool play Brentford who've been excellent throughout the season, sit in the top half and have one of the best strikers in the league..... easy win for Liverpool.

Next week we play Leicester, who are a complete mess and we've beaten twice already this season.... tricky game, could go either way. [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was more annoyed by the robbery at home to Palace a week later. 

Aye same, after that i remember thinking how annoyed i'd be if those games stopped us getting a European place come the end of the season, though i was thinking more Europa or conference league at that point.

Still could stop champs league as of right now which is annoying but we should be ok.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Liverpool play Brentford who've been excellent throughout the season, sit in the top half and have one of the best strikers in the league..... easy win for Liverpool.

Next week we play Leicester, who are a complete mess and we've beaten twice already this season.... tricky game, could go either way. [emoji38]

They play Leicester away a week before our fixture too :lol:

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Not next week like but agree with the sentiment.

In the past maybe I'd have been worried but this Newcastle team doesn't get phased.  We're there on merit - Liverpool have won last couple of games due to dodgy *cough* decisions - as a team they are awful.  Their luck will run out and they'll get another battering - most likely by Brentford.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Don’t forget that Liverpool are now more likely to win because Brighton beat Man U last night.