The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Main thing for me is actually giving a flying fuck again!

it’s not that long ago I couldn’t have cared less (or even laughed) when NUFC lost.

The club I have loved and supported is back and is mine again.

Where we have been for the past years thanks to fat git and his incompetence and his lickspittle mean that where we are now is miraculous imo.

Whatever happens will happen and European football s back.

The first exciting steps on our next chapter of the journey has started

Howay the lads:indi:

Should Liverpool keep winning, we beat Leeds and not get beat off Brighton, Leicester at home, last home game of the season, under the lights could be the game that makes Champs league mathematically certain. 

Imagine the atmosphere for that !

44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Drawing wouldn't be the worst result but would just mean Brighton or Chelsea becomes 'must-win' if Liverpool keep winning themselves. 

Which they will. Actually, there is one game where they might not win, that's the game against Villa. Could definitely see their pace giving Liverpool CB's a hard time like they did against us.

I don't think any team besides Arsenal and City could deal with our first 10 minutes from yesterday. 

We do that against Brighton and Leicester we give ourselves a great chance. Let alone Leeds and Chelsea.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I don't think any team besides Arsenal and City could deal with our first 10 minutes from yesterday. 

We do that against Brighton and Leicester we give ourselves a great chance. Let alone Leeds and Chelsea.

Brighton are better than both at it, it's their M.O, they're just not as good once they're in front of goal.

The rest I agree though.

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Aye, if we can’t beat Leicester we deserve all we get 

I don't get the tone in stuff like this. 'deserve all we get'. Howay man. :lol:

If we don't beat Leicester we likely play Europa League and finish 5th. It's still a huge achievement.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we don't beat Leicester we likely play Europa League and finish 5th. It's still a huge achievement.

True but its like the Man City game. Beforehand you'd snap their hands off for a point, afterwards you're gutted to only get a point after being 3-1 up.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You get his point though.

If we don't get 6 points from these fixtures, we don't really have an argument to say we deserve top 4.

Once the dust has settled, we could reflect on a 5th place finish as a success, albeit slightly tainted.

I actually said that I'd fancy us to win the Europa league, so there is that. ;)

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

All context though. Finishing 5th from this position would ruin me summer.

For about a month, then when we started signing worldies and we saw our Europa League group, you'd soon perk up. :aww:

Just now, ponsaelius said:

All context though. Finishing 5th from this position would ruin me summer.

It would be massively disappointing, but we've won 8 out of our last 10 games. To this point we've shown no signs of limping to the finish line.

Just now, STM said:

For about a month, then when we started signing worldies and we saw our Europa League group, you'd soon perk up. :aww:

Aye but in the Champs league we'd be able to sign galaxyies.

1 minute ago, STM said:

You get his point though.

If we don't get 6 points from these fixtures, we don't really have an argument to say we deserve top 4.

Once the dust has settled, we could reflect on a 5th place finish as a success, albeit slightly tainted.

I actually said that I'd fancy us to win the Europa league, so there is that. ;)

Nah I don't get it.

If we finish 5th it's because Liverpool have had a stormer of a finish and were better over 38 games. 

Anyone can have a bad run. I still think we'll finish 4th and have it secure before Chelsea but I don't get the negative undertones around finishing 5th.