The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I think it down to us, Villa and Spurs for 4th and 5th place. If we can get the likes of Botman, Willock, Longstaff, Wilson, Barnes and Anderson back within a couple of weeks, we look good. Spurs will struggle to pick up points without Maddinson and Villa will hit a sticky spot at some point. 

On 01/12/2023 at 06:21, Optimistic Nut said:

Updated this morning, up to 3rd after this round of games so looking good for 5th place becoming a CL spot. 

Screenshot_20231201-061950.png

So where have "England" got to finish in that league table for 5th place to become a champions league spot??

I've been a bit downbeat on our top 4/5 chances this season but if Man City win this afternoon we'll finish the weekend ahead of Spurs who were supposedly title contenders a few weeks ago...

If we can stay in touching distance through this injury crisis we've got a chance.

Edit - a chance of top 4/5 that is, not a title challenge [emoji38]

Edited by Keegans Export

29 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I've been a bit downbeat on our top 4/5 chances this season but if Man City win this afternoon we'll finish the weekend ahead of Spurs who were supposedly title contenders a few weeks ago...

If we can stay in touching distance through this injury crisis we've got a chance.

Edit - a chance of top 4/5 that is, not a title challenge [emoji38]

And why the hell not, eh?? 

I think we are definitely in with a shout. Hardest thing about the league is consistency and we have become a pretty consistent team. Albeit a poor performance against Brighton and Bournemouth away but beating arsenal, Chelsea and manure with a decimated squad I think over a 38 game season we are a top 4 team.

Is it worth changing this to "Champions League-o-meter" since 4th mightn't be necessary, then we can also throw into the convo English team's Euro performances and the co-efficient? Unless the Belgian clubs produce a miracle then where we are now is good enough for our main goal.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is it worth changing this to "Champions League-o-meter" since 4th mightn't be necessary, then we can also throw into the convo English team's Euro performances and the co-efficient? Unless the Belgian clubs produce a miracle then where we are now is good enough for our main goal.

What are you basing that on?

Only two countries get the extra place so it's very much up in the air still.

It's pretty important that both us and Man United make at least the Europa League if we are hoping for 5th to be worth a CL place.

If we were both to go out altogether it would drag the league average down over the rest of the season.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

What are you basing that on?

Only two countries get the extra place so it's very much up in the air still.

We're currently 3rd in the 23/24 co-efficients so unless Belgium keeps up what they're doing (they're 1st), we're on track.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're currently 3rd in the 23/24 co-efficients so unless Belgium keeps up what they're doing (they're 1st), we're on track.

And I'm sure in most seasons we finish 1st or 2nd

Helps we have more teams that tend to get further in the competitions

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't think UEFA website is up to date (or at least for some reason doesn't give an accurate reflection of the state of play).

This is best site for tracking coefficients up to date:

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html

We're currently 2nd - but any of the big four could get it probably. All depends on who can stay in Europe in any form as getting knocked out altogether can be a drag on the average later in the season.

Edit: I have worked out why UEFA website isn't 100% up to date. It hasn't yet factored in the bonus points for getting out of CL group stages (other countries have all had the 5 points each added on where they're through on the other website). Belgium won't get any of these. So the above website is a much more accurate reflection of the current state of play (and likelihood of which countries have a chance of being top two).

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

And I'm sure in most seasons we finish 1st or 2nd

Helps we have more teams that tend to get further in the competitions

Yeah but it can also be a drag if you get a few knocked out as it's an average not a total.

Spain losing Osasuna in qualifying will significantly impact their average for example this year.

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If City can beat Spurs then it's been a decent weekend for us

Gained 3 points on Man U and Brighton, gained 2 points on Villa

Whilst Liverpool losing would have been nice, realistically they along with Arsenal/City will finish ahead of us 

Sadly City couldn't beat them but we still gained 2 points on them 

Slightly annoying as Villa and Spurs were minutes away from losing and us gaining 3 on them but still, if offered this at the start of the weekend I would have taken it

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Am I the only one that still thinks we have an outside shot at winning the league??

If we had even just 3 of the missing list available so we could rotate a small amount, or at least make meaningful substitutions, I would do. 

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Am I the only one that still thinks we have an outside shot at winning the league??

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You, Stuart Pearce, and a few other people I reckon :lol:

David Ike

Piers Corbyn

Right Said Fred