The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

What squad disharmony? The only potential disruption at the minute is Varane, which nobody really knows the details of. Ten Hag has had the backing of the squad with every decision previous to this. There's certainly no visible squad disharmony on the pitch apart from individual issues like Rashford being a stroppy fucker.

Mount has played a handful of games due to injury, but he's only 24. Not even close to a flop so very silly to write him off as a waste of money. Casemiro remains to be seen, as he was one of our best performers last year despite being sloppy with discipline. He's our second top scorer this season behind Hojlund :lol: struggling with injury at the minute though. Still far too early to write him off, given how important he was to a third place finish and trophy last season.

Friendly reminder about the amount of injuries/suspensions we've had. You can say what you like about squad depth or how much we've spent, but truth is our backups aren't great. A lot of our backup players have been ridiculed by opposition fans including many on here, so you don't get to turn around use them as an excuse as to why we should still be a top side. Against Everton we rode our luck again for a large period of the first half, but were at least clinical at the other end for the first time in a while.

At the same time Onana, Shaw (coming off a three month injury), Fernandes and Rashford were our only starting 11 players. An argument can maybe be made for Maguire but everyone knows Varane and Martinez are our best centre backs. In comparison, Newcastle had Pope, Trippier, Schar, Guimaraes, Joelinton, Gordon and Isak who are normally starters for you. I didn't include Almiron, but he could be one as well. You tell me.

We have started to get better, and will only continue to get stronger as players like Casemiro and Martinez return next year and the likes of Hojlund, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Eriksen and Mount get back to full fitness.

Disharmony relates to the numerous squad falling outs that there have been, Varane, Sancho, Rashford not being happy, potential for Greenwood to return and those are just the ones we’ve heard about. You can come back at me in time if Mount becomes a top player for you but I expect him to be a flop and I struggle to believe Casemiro is going to be a quality player for you beyond this season. I do think Hojlund has a lot of potential and a great attitude and Wan Bissaka is class, I’ve always liked Garnacho too. Your midfield is a bit of a mess though. Fernandes gets an injury and you absolutely fall apart as a team in my opinion. 

As an outsider who has no desire to see Man U succeed it’s been enjoyable viewing but you seem quite bullish that things are going ok so it’ll be interesting to see where you are at the end of the season 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

As an outsider who has no desire to see Man U succeed it’s been enjoyable viewing but you seem quite bullish that things are going ok so it’ll be interesting to see where you are at the end of the season 

OK is a bit of a push if we're looking at the whole season. :lol: it's been poor. It's just trending in the right direction. 

6 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder how @Rod feels about the job Emery is doing, he was very vocal against him not that long ago.

I'm impressed with Villas' performances so far to be honest but they will hit a bad patch and then we will see how good Emery is.  Why didn't you ask me this on the 12th August (winky face)?

Villa are looking like us of last season. With a better squad. And in a weaker competition than the league cup.

Villa have to win a trophy or get in the CL. Anything short will feel like a failure for them deep down I'm sure. Like how finishing 5th for us would've been a sly failure at a certain point last season.

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

3rd with 77 points, over the last 38 games I believe. Superb form.

What's particularly impressive is, those 38 games he's been here, when he arrived, we were only out of the relegation places on goal difference. He's done that whilst picking us up from such a piss poor level under Carpethead.

I said a while ago on here that he's improved literally every player we have except Leon Bailey. I take that back, Bailey has been on fire lately for us.

Sods law there are 8 fucking fixtures in December, more than any other month in the season, when we are at breaking point with injuries with no relief in sight. 

I dunno how we are gonna do it but if we can somehow hang in there... The 2nd half of the season if we get our squad back together is gonna be fruitful.

On 28/11/2023 at 20:21, brummie said:

What's particularly impressive is, those 38 games he's been here, when he arrived, we were only out of the relegation places on goal difference. He's done that whilst picking us up from such a piss poor level under Carpethead.

I said a while ago on here that he's improved literally every player we have except Leon Bailey. I take that back, Bailey has been on fire lately for us.

Stop plagiarising us.

quite a good round for English clubs this midweek round, and others had a bit week weaker result, so England climbed up to 2nd place on coefficient list, at the moment PL 5th place worth CL group qualification.

can change easily in 2 weeks time, but imo England will be in top two in the end.

10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Updated this morning, up to 3rd after this round of games so looking good for 5th place becoming a CL spot. 

Screenshot_20231201-061950.png

Looks pretty good, Belgium should fall off when knockout stages come.

I still find it incredibly silly that you could feasibly not know which places qualify for the CL until after the season has ended. I really thought when this was introduced that it would be a season in advance (i.e. England would have 5 places this year based on 2022/23). 

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I still find it incredibly silly that you could feasibly not know which places qualify for the CL until after the season has ended. I really thought when this was introduced that it would be a season in advance (i.e. England would have 5 places this year based on 2022/23). 

Aye, I mean probably unlikely it goes down to the outcome of the finals, but certainly not impossible.

Be an absolute bastard if we snatched fifth with a last minute winner or something on the last day, then Man City lose the CL final to Bayern meaning we only end up with four places.