The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still pretty confident Liverpool will drop points. The law of averages says they can't defend that badly for another five games and not drop points. That said they do carry more luck then any other side in the division.

And bias from officials. It’s been fairly shocking this season to see when you’re actually looking more keenly at their games rather than just focusing on the shit show at the bottom.

On 26/04/2023 at 07:17, Heron said:

Nottingham Forest (a)

---------------

ManUre

---------------

West Ham (a) ️   

Brentford (a) ️   

Aston Villa (a)

---------------

Spuds

---------------

Everton (a)

Southampton (h)             

Leeds United(a)        

Leicester City (h)

Roll on Everton...

Nottingham Forest (a)

---------------

ManUre

---------------

West Ham (a) ️   

Brentford (a) ️   

Aston Villa (a)

---------------

Spuds

---------------

Everton (a)

Southampton (h) ️      

Leeds United (a)        

Leicester City (h)

When I originally did this with 13 games left I thought we had 8 quite winnable games (the ones above excluding Man United and Spurs). So far we've won 5/6 and lost 1.

We have then won 2 games which I hadn't identified as more winnable, (against Man United and Spurs), thus putting us a win ahead of what I'd originally thought.

With 2 wins from those identified 2 games we'd be virtually in the champions league with only a single point required.

I think Champions League has to be our next target points wise, but after that (if there's time left) I'd love to see us target beating our highest ever point total in the Premier League, which, to my knowledge would require us to win every remaining game.

Can see Arsenal being a draw though...

16 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

1/25 with sky. 

Anyone that genuinely thinks we’re going to blow it should put their savings on Liverpool at 6/1 

Never won a bet in my life - the one time I entered a sweepstake on the grand National years ago and got the favourite is the year there wasn’t any winner so I might just put twenty on Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

Is there still an advantage to finishing 3rd rather than 4th concerning the Champions League?

Does 3rd guarantee it, and 4th require a qualification play off first?

Top four all qualify for the group stage.  Which sadly means no chance of a Ketsbaia in Zagreb repeat, though happily it also means no Partizan Belgrade repeat. 

31 minutes ago, Heron said:

Nottingham Forest (a)

---------------

ManUre

---------------

West Ham (a) ️   

Brentford (a) ️   

Aston Villa (a)

---------------

Spuds

---------------

Everton (a)

Southampton (h) ️      

Leeds United (a)        

Leicester City (h)

When I originally did this with 13 games left I thought we had 8 quite winnable games (the ones above excluding Man United and Spurs). So far we've won 5/6 and lost 1.

We have then won 2 games which I hadn't identified as more winnable, (against Man United and Spurs), thus putting us a win ahead of what I'd originally thought.

With 2 wins from those identified 2 games we'd be virtually in the champions league with only a single point required.

I think Champions League has to be our next target points wise, but after that (if there's time left) I'd love to see us target beating our highest ever point total in the Premier League, which, to my knowledge would require us to win every remaining game.

Can see Arsenal being a draw though...

Likewise - I’ll think we’ll take a point vs Arsenal.  I also think we’ll drop two points vs Leeds and vs Brighton, and beat Leicester and Chelsea.  So I’m projecting 74 points 

We were there for almost a minute until Jota scored. I know they probably will drop points but, Liverpool really should win their remaining fixtures. We should also pick up the 7 points we need. Maybe not from the games you’d expect.

Edited by Tsunami

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Likewise - I’ll think we’ll take a point vs Arsenal.  I also think we’ll drop two points vs Leeds and vs Brighton, and beat Leicester and Chelsea.  So I’m projecting 74 points 

Jesus if that's the route we do it it'll be hairy. :lol:

I think we'll beat Arsenal, beat Leeds, draw with Brighton and the last two will be irrelevant.

We will beat Leeds, they are woeful. We also get 3 points against Leicester which means a draw against either Arsenal or Brighton and we are there. Chelsea will be a free hit last game of season. Subject to injuries.

Edited by Broadsword

At this point in time I reckon we'll get 9 points from the last 5 with no more losses.

Arsenal (draw)

Leeds (win)

Brighton (draw)

Leicester (win)

Chelsea (draw)

You'd have to say that Spurs are almost certainly out of the race now so that's one rival down. We'd need to basically lose every game and they'd need to win every one to catch us.

As it is, you can see Brighton finishing above Spurs easily, and maybe Villa too. Would be great to see them out of Europe, mainly because I can't stand Levy.

But as for us - I just keep looking at the league table in disbelief and watching us dismantle team after team. It's Europe in some form or another for us and most likely champions league now. What a season!

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

£2m in prize money to throw on the FFP pile

Not just that, we get increased percentage from Ucl TV money if we finish 3rd instead of 4th, which amounts to around £5m.

23 minutes ago, Heron said:

At this point in time I reckon we'll get 9 points from the last 5 with no more losses.

Arsenal (draw)

Leeds (win)

Brighton (draw)

Leicester (win)

Chelsea (draw)

I’ve gone 7 - think Leeds will scab a draw.

Leeds are utter shite, but I think that will be the surprise game where we don’t win.  There’ll be a hell of atmosphere down there, plenty of needle - and I think they’ll sneak a draw.  I don’t think it will get to the last day though - Liverpool will drop points in one of those games minimum

edit: hope we smash them though.  I’m old enough to have an ingrained hatred for Leeds

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Leeds is arguably our most winnable fixture left. Their last few results have been...

A 4-1 defeat at Bournemouth.

A 1-1 draw at home to Leicester. 

A 2-1 defeat at Fulham.

A 6-1 home defeat v Liverpool.

A 5-1 home defeat v Palace.

The fans have turned on the players and the new manager already. They don't look like they have much fight in them at all.

Leeds is a key game for us. Looking at their recent results they've conceded in their last 10 games including 4 to Bournemouth, 6 to Liverpool, 5 to Palace and 4 to Arsenal. 

If we can go there and win the game with a big scoreline which we have been doing to teams recently then that will lock up our goal difference, meaning we effectively need to win just 1 more game after that. 

Edited by Scotty66

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is torture. So close but still too far. If Lucas Moura booted the ball up the park instead of losing it yesterday 

I would be relaxed if they'd held on for that, Liverpool winning their next 2 would have meant they'd have been 5 points behind having played 2 games more.

So going into Arsenal and Leeds even just getting a point from those 2 would have had us 2 clear wins above them with 3 to play. Annoying.