The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

16 minutes ago, brummie said:

Put it this way, for two clubs like you and us, who have spent most of the previous decade largely stinking out the league and existing for the sake of existing, these are extraordinary times.

Aye.

Where do you think you could peak in terms of success?

I'm thinking peak Spurs or even current Spurs (CL most seasons). With more luck, steel, and better decision-making, Spurs win the league, CL & FA Cup under Poch. Under current rules, I don't think that Liverpool penalty in the final is given today for example. Kane was unfit.

Perhaps arrogantly - I see our ceiling as Abramovic-era Chelsea or current City.

Atm I think we are both unlikely to go the Everton route.

I'm loving having a competitive team. Likeable too. Any issues I have with the lads are purely ability. They are various levels of good and all committed. Same with all the staff.

We've had the likes of Barton and Lee Bowyer in our squad in recent times. Uncommitted professionals galore. Managers just thankful to manage at this level etc.

Edited by The College Dropout

20 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Are you worried about this season @Froggy? I thought you were going to have your worst PL season ever last year but to be fair ETH pulled it around and had a great year, all things considered. 

I think Hojlund is going to be world class and with Antony back Bruno will move back into the middle and provide him with plenty of service. Rashford can't get any worse. So I think the attack will improve massively.

Worried defensively though. Injuries are a concern, but it's the lack of concentration that is poor as well. We seem to concede very quickly after we score which is extremely frustrating and demoralising for the players.

We went 1-0 up, deservedly, against Arsenal and conceded 1 minute later. Hojlund scored against Bayern and we conceded a penalty 4 mins later. Casemiro scored against Bayern and we conceded 3 mins later. Hojlund scored last night and Zaha scores 5 mins later. Hojlund scores again and we concede 4 mins later. That's pretty worrying not going to lie. :lol:

Onana worries me too. Blunder after blunder so far. Even when he's not making mistakes he's standing on the ball and slowing everything down. He's been a disaster so far.

Yeah we have that likeable thing too.

I think every single one of our fans hated pretty much every single one of our relegation side. Hated them. I certainly hated Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott, and still do.

re peaking - why not aim high?

In the last 7 years, Leicester City have won the League and the FA Cup. If that can happen, anything can.

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think Hojlund is going to be world class and with Antony back Bruno will move back into the middle and provide him with plenty of service. Rashford can't get any worse. So I think the attack will improve massively.

Worried defensively though. Injuries are a concern, but it's the lack of concentration that is poor as well. We seem to concede very quickly after we score which is extremely frustrating and demoralising for the players.

We went 1-0 up, deservedly, against Arsenal and conceded 1 minute later. Hojlund scored against Bayern and we conceded a penalty 4 mins later. Casemiro scored against Bayern and we conceded 3 mins later. Hojlund scored last night and Zaha scores 5 mins later. Hojlund scores again and we concede 4 mins later. That's pretty worrying not going to lie. :lol:

Onana worries me too. Blunder after blunder so far. Even when he's not making mistakes he's standing on the ball and slowing everything down. He's been a disaster so far.

Super weird running gate. SAF wouldn't approve.

7 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Christ, I bet you're well happy he's on every single broadcaster these days :lol:

Tried that Rest is Football thing.

Lasted literally 10 seconds before his big fucking gormless moron laugh had me turning it off.

To balance that up, btw, I also hate Agbonlahor, painting himself as the latest Villa-man-in-the-media (see also Collymore, although even he is more appropriate than Gabby), when he was a fat fucking waster who did nothing for several years other than hoover up money and drive bitterness in the dressing room.

The media really do think football supporters are fucking idiots.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

:bob:

Not even the 2 Man U fans I watched it with you agree with you there. 

Man United fans tend to be idiots. We were the better side opening 20 minutes. Same against Spurs.

Didn't deserve to win either game. Games aren't 20 minutes unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Man United fans tend to be idiots. We were the better side opening 20 minutes. Same against Spurs.

Didn't deserve to win either game. Games aren't 20 minutes unfortunately.

No wait. I'm thinking of Brighton. :lol:

Told you, we're idiots.

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

Hojlund looks fantastic mind. I thought that after he scored his first goal for yous, the lad's a class striker.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Hojlund looks fantastic mind. I thought that after he scored his first goal for yous, the lad's a class striker.

The disallowed goal was great composure too. He has given me great hope. :lol:

On 04/10/2023 at 17:42, Froggy said:

The disallowed goal was great composure too. He has given me great hope. :lol:

Do you think the introduction of Hojlund has affected Rashfords confidence? Similar happened when Ronaldo was the focal point? Or is it simply a confidence thing?

24 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Do you think the introduction of Hojlund has affected Rashfords confidence? Similar happened when Ronaldo was the focal point? Or is it simply a confidence thing?

I think if Rashford's confidence has been affected by us signing a 20 year old kid then that would tell us everything we need to know about him.

There's also the issue that Rashford just isn't as good as people think. On his day a very good player who can be very difficult to play against, but he will never be a great one.

Rashford’s decision-making lets him down, he has pretty much all the tools to be on the same level as someone like Mbappe but simply isn’t. Also think he lacks bravery and determination, if things aren’t going his way he becomes a lazy whiner.

Considering who we've played (5 of the current top 7), the injuries we have, and the extra games we've had, to be the next ranked team in 8th and 4 points from 4th is a great start.

Brighton was a poor result but I thought they were fantastic tbf, it's really only the Liverpool match where we let ourselves down. Everything else we've competed in, and even if we haven't always looked ourselves, we've looked a lot more like it recently and have big players to come back.

Edited by Kid Icarus