The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, greydos said:

ESL Fix! Manure want to keep us down. Man City are happier competing with Manure who they’ve come to dominate than the Saudi-backed Mags who could properly compete with them. A cup City we’re happy not to win for hegemony.

I’m more outraged about your incorrect use of we’re than I am about missing out on the Conference League 

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Not necessarily true, it helps with the league, but it still didn't work for Chelsea and Spurs.

It's my opinion.

2 hours ago, KingArthur said:

Please stop with this bs

We will see next season.  Now fuck off!!

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

Not necessarily true, it helps with the league, but it still didn't work for Chelsea and Spurs.

Spurs probably don't finish above us if they'd had Europe like we had tbf. 5th will probably get CL football in a lot of seasons moving forward as well. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Spurs probably don't finish above us if they'd had Europe like we had tbf. 5th will probably get CL football in a lot of seasons moving forward as well. 

Yeah, next season I’d expect 5th to get champions league. I’d expect Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal to do well in the champions league.

46 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’m more outraged about your incorrect use of we’re than I am about missing out on the Conference League 

Autocorrect typo. It‘s no Biggie! (Kick in the door)

I’ve said it all along; this season was 1994/95, Man U are equivalent of Everton then, and that final today was the Paul Rideout 1-0 win in 1995

We will sign a Ginola RW, Ferdinand ST, Hislop GK and a Barton CB for us, perhaps even a David Batty and and Asprilla equivalent too

Cant wait

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I’ve said it all along; this season was 1994/95, Man U are equivalent of Everton then, and that final today was the Paul Rideout 1-0 win in 1995

We will sign a Ginola RW, Ferdinand ST, Hislop GK and a Barton CB for us, perhaps even a David Batty and and Asprilla equivalent too

Cant wait

Wonder if Trippier will be Venison?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Cant wait

Hope that doesn't make Anthony Gordon outgoing Ruel Fox

(the first player to get 10 goals and assists in a season since Fox in /95)

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if Trippier will be Venison?

Fox -> Miggy

Hottiger -> Tripps

Sellars -> Longstaff

Venison -> ???

3 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Man City and Arsenal away early on in the domestic cups next season, and suddenly people are losing their shit in mid Feb when we're 7th and got nothing fun to look forward to apart from can we get 5th/rely on others.

The draw makes such a massive difference. Some guy on a Spurs podcast was marking the season down based on the Cup performances, contrasting it with Man U getting to the FA Cup Final. Only…our Cup draws were Fulham (a), Burnley, Man City. Man U’s equivalent draws were Bye, Wigan (a), Newport County (a). Every little helps.

Only 4 teams outside of the top 7 in the league have won the FA Cup in the last 30 finals (Everton, Wigan, Portsmouth & Man Utd).

Of fucking course we'd miss out on Europe as a direct result in two of those seasons. :lol:

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

This season really was 94/95 revisited wasn’t it ?

Even being 3-0 up at half-time on the last day to a London club and being pegged back to 3-2 at one stage looked like it was going to mirror it. 

That was the best performance I've seen from Manure this season, guess they were collectively delighted to know they'd be getting a new manager.

Perhaps it works in our favour, providing we hold onto our star players and add some more quality - I could really see us getting top 4 again next season.

9 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Back then wouldn't Everton have gotten the Cup Winners Cup place even if they lost in the final? Like we did in 98.

Man Utd had finished 2nd in the league, they would have went into the CWC instead of UEFA Cup that year. 6th would have taken the UEFA Cup slot. 

6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Sellars was a left winger. Great but injury prone.

I don’t see us selling AG10 or Barnesinho so had to be creative.

I wanted Europe, in any form personally. So shit losing out on it because of that lot aswell, especially with how well we actually did all things considered our squad was ripped to the bare bones almost.

However my optimistic outlook is that we challenge for top four next season and get it, with a decent summer and the main players staying I think we could even be part of the title conversation for a decent period.

Howe did an alright job for me, can't slate him with anything to bad really. Some cracking moments, some shit. Onwards and upwards!