The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

A week is a long time in football like, just ask Man Utd fans. I think we’ve been unlucky in that we've had to play some 'Big Teams' whilst our form has dropped off a bit. I genuinely think it’s just as likely we go on another run of good results as this spell of poor results continues.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

I've never seen a more lucky side than Brighton tbh. Always getting penalties, always somehow getting the worst of the "big" sides where top players for those big sides have fucking mares and mistakes galore. Always seem to play one of them when they are complete piss. It's fucking annoying. 

From what ive seen of Brighton that is not true at all

Edited by nufc123

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can't remember the answer to this but what happens in terms of CL if we finish 4th but Chelsea win the CL again? Do we get the extra place or is it like 11/12 where 4th miss out.

Fairly certain that I read it as being top 4 and the winner - you just can’t have more than 5 in the competition

50 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Fairly certain that I read it as being top 4 and the winner - you just can’t have more than 5 in the competition

That's good. Just had visions of the identical happening, Spurs 4th, us 5th and Chelsea winning the CL, though in the situation where we'd missed out anyway that would have been pretty funny laughing at Spurs.

The chances of us finishing top 4 are slim but slim equals a chance.

I think Man City Arsenal Man Utd and possibly Liverpool with the rest of us scrapping for 5th. I dearly hope I'm wrong but I've got to let my head rule this one and not my heart.

7 minutes ago, magvicar said:

The chances of us finishing top 4 are slim but slim equals a chance.

I think Man City Arsenal Man Utd and possibly Liverpool with the rest of us scrapping for 5th. I dearly hope I'm wrong but I've got to let my head rule this one and not my heart.

Win the next 3 and we've dragged Man Utd back into the battle.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Win the next 3 and we've dragged Man Utd back into the battle.

Aye there's always a chance.

How many would've thought we'd be still in with a shout of champions league with 14 games to go?

We've come a long way in a short time but the key is to now go back on a decent run after a massive blip.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by magvicar

Even if we'd only won 2 of those Leeds, Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth games I'd say we were favourites. Liverpool will probably go on a run now, their forward options are a bit of a joke when you think Diaz, Jota and Firmino is the second string attack. Ceilings and all that.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if we'd only won 2 of those Leeds, Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth games I'd say we were favourites. Liverpool will probably go on a run now, their forward options are a bit of a joke when you think Diaz, Jota and Firmino is the second string attack. Ceilings and all that.

Completely forget they have missed Diaz for the whole season - that’s some depth upfront

4 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Watching West Ham id be more than happy with Europa Conference, some amazingly random away nights and a real chance of winning it.

Apparently the West Ham fans had to have a passport matching the name on the ticket to get in tonight.

8 hours ago, SteV said:

Apparently the West Ham fans had to have a passport matching the name on the ticket to get in tonight.

I’ve only done one European away game. They said the same for Brugge about ID matching the name on your ticket. Got there and they couldn’t give less of a fuck if they’d tried. 

Which was handy. As it wasn’t my name on the ticket!

Think it'll be much mayter if we are in a chasing postion than trying to retain 4th place. Now we're behind on points butbhave games in hand, the mentality and motivation of the players surely will be much more sharper and hungrier. 

Come on lads! Let's get back on track!

Can everyone stop fucking panicking about Liverpool now please? They've been flaky as fuck all season long. They might put a run together but have shown zero evidence this season that they can or will. 

All is not right there, or at Spurs, or at Chelsea. If we can sort our shit out we've still got a chance of 4th.