The Europeometer™ (2024/25)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

626 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

49 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Yesterdays result was very disappointing.

Even if other teams do slip up, it showed that we are in no shape to take advantage.

I think we’ll finish 7th or 8th.  A rebuild is needed in the summer IMO.

I wouldn't say we need a rebuild, but we do need to sign some actual starting 11 players including a bloody right winger after needing one for the last 3 years. 

We aren't making 4th without some big improvement in our performances and at least one signing in January. Chelsea, Villa or even Spurs are in a better place to get that spot right now. 

If we are counting positives, we're ahead on the same fixtures last season (four points?). Everyone is seven games in but four of ours have been away, where we were terrible last season. We're P3 W2 D1 L0 at SJP despite playing City, Spurs and someone who got to play us as ten men for most of the game. Not convincing, but getting it done with easier home games to come.

Fingers crossed we get Isak if not Isak and Wilson back, Tonali keeps improving, and we get to spend in January. With the new Mickey Mouse format, no Group of Death for one English team and no Ten Hag Man U in the CL, I can see English clubs doing better this year and getting the coefficient up. Fifth might be enough.

2 hours ago, Decky said:

I wouldn't say we need a rebuild, but we do need to sign some actual starting 11 players including a bloody right winger after needing one for the last 3 years. 

We may need one. I don’t see our better players wanting to stick around if we finish 7th again.

I reckon 4th/5th is well up for grabs regardless of us strengthening the squad, though obviously that would improve our hand a lot. I reckon the top 3 are out of reach, then we'll be up against Chelsea, Spurs, Villa and potentially ManU with a managerial change for 4th and 5th. All those teams have inconsistency in them. I'd make Villa favourites for 4th, but we'll see how they get on as the CL piles up further.

8 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I reckon 4th/5th is well up for grabs regardless of us strengthening the squad, though obviously that would improve our hand a lot. I reckon the top 3 are out of reach, then we'll be up against Chelsea, Spurs, Villa and potentially ManU with a managerial change for 4th and 5th. All those teams have inconsistency in them. I'd make Villa favourites for 4th, but we'll see how they get on as the CL piles up further.

Given our gaps in the squad I don't think it's fair to set our sights any higher than 6th. Don't think we will finish higher than Chelsea given their much deeper squad. They had a joke season last time round and still finished ahead of us and knocked us out of the cup.