The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

The game at manure will be massive.. I think we will finish 6th or 7th - and that game will be critical in terms of which of those positions it is.

Edited by Bally21

There is a lot of uncertainty regards Premier league place and European competition qualification- if a) Premier league gets 5 CL spots and b) FA cup winner comes from top 6, then 6th and 7th get europa league... if one of a or b does not happen then 6th gets europa league and 7th europa conference.. if neither a nor b happens then 6th is europa conference and 7th is nothing.

Edited by Bally21

21 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

There is a lot of uncertainty regards Premier league place and European competition qualification- if a) Premier league gets 5 CL spots and b) FA cup winner comes from top 6, then 6th and 7th get europa league... if one of a or b does not happen then 6th gets europa league and 7th europa conference.. if neither a nor b happens then 6th is europa conference and 7th is nothing.

70% chance of (a) happening and then probably another 75% chance that (b) happens with City or Man U winning the FA cup and finish top six.  I like our chances to get at least Europa Conference.

3 hours ago, ryanegg said:

As long as it's possible, it's possible.

We were 7 points behind Brighton with 3 games to go and we still won the league. It's a tall order, but they don't call it That's So Spursy for nothing :)

7 hours ago, Karjala said:

We've dropped too many daft points to make the CL, Luton & Everton at home for starters.

Top 7 would be brilliant all things considering... Just looked at West hams remaining fixtures, can't see them getting more than 7pts, after today. That really leaves Chelsea behind to consider.

I'm still having nightmares about losing to Liverpool at SJP.

No need to look backwards with regret. The run-in is fairly straightforward and the team is now playing with confidence. The teams around us aren't pulling up trees so I'd be disappointed now if we don't make 6th.

Even 5th is possible. Villa look good but something's not quite right with Spurs.

I think we're favourites for 6th now, Man U and Chelsea are the only threats. Obviously avoiding defeat at OT would be pivotal in that and Chelsea are pretty much playing twice a week for the rest of the season so that will count against them.

5 hours ago, Beth said:

I think we're favourites for 6th now, Man U and Chelsea are the only threats. Obviously avoiding defeat at OT would be pivotal in that and Chelsea are pretty much playing twice a week for the rest of the season so that will count against them.

Given Odd Todd has bought Pochettino about 167 players they can’t use fatigue as an excuse.

We play Palace and Sheff United before Spurs play again, if we win them both at the very least it will put even more pressure on them than normal for the home game against Arsenal.
I don't think we will finish 5th but looking at the fixtures we have left it's reasonable we can certainly make Spurs work for it and to finish even within 5 or 6 points of them after the rotten luck and injuries we have had this season would be incredible. Man United also have some nice fixtures left so it looks a straight shootout between us and them for 6th.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Another 6 points and I don't think west ham will finish above us.

Think we might need another 8 points to ensure Chelsea don't overtake us.

I think they're the biggest danger. I'd be surprised if West Ham get more than 7 points. Man Utd obviously won't flush and have a very similar run-in to us so theirs wins in there for them, they'll have home advantage in our head to head but have Arsenal rather than Brentford in the other game.

If we win our next two games we’ll be back on track for my preseason prediction of how many points we’d need to pick by each month end (56 points by end of April) for the average 6th place finish, over last 31 PL seasons. 

12 hours ago, Teslact said:

We were 7 points behind Brighton with 3 games to go and we still won the league. It's a tall order, but they don't call it That's So Spursy for nothing :)

Thanks, in no small part, to Grealish/Villa. 

Spurs are too far ahead.

Our injury situation is still precarious.

Game at OT will be huge. 

I think we finish within 3 points of Man U, so that game is vital.

FA Cup games are massive. Need Man City to win the whole thing.

European games are also important. But if City win the FA Cup it's in our hands.

Just now, Cronky said:

I don't fear the Man U game at all. I think our players will relish it.

Why would anyone fear playing Man Utd? They're not playing well and they're always going to be vulnerable. 

Of course we're capable of losing any game with some of the personnel we have.

Tend to agree with TCD. 

A ten point buffer with six games remaining is massive. Overhauling Spurs not only requires a total collapse on their part, it means even with an injury hit squad, we can't put a foot wrong.

It's not impossible, but it's highly improbable.

7th would be a decent finish. 6th would be exceptional under the circumstances.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why would anyone fear playing Man Utd? They're not playing well and they're always going to be vulnerable. 

Of course we're capable of losing any game with some of the personnel we have.

Even when we play well we still give up a lot of chances.

Limit us to 1 goal and you win the game. :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Tend to agree with TCD. 

A ten point buffer with six games remaining is massive. Overhauling Spurs not only requires a total collapse on their part, it means even with an injury hit squad, we can't put a foot wrong.

It's not impossible, but it's highly improbable.

7th would be a decent finish. 6th would be exceptional under the circumstances.

Spurs' next three games are with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Ours are with Palace, Sheffield United and Burnley. That 10 point gap could get slashed to 3 or even 1, and then it'll get very interesting.

Spurs started the season very well, but seem to have run out of steam. That high-tempo, aggressive game may have taken its toll. And maybe other clubs have sussed Ange out a bit - there were signs of that on Saturday.

Just now, Cronky said:

Spurs' next three games are with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Ours are with Palace, Sheffield United and Burnley. That 10 point gap could get slashed to 3 or even 1, and then it'll get very interesting.

Spurs started the season very well, but seem to have run out of steam. That high-tempo, aggressive game may have taken its toll. And maybe other clubs have sussed Ange out a bit - there were signs of that on Saturday.

It's a fair point, but the other half of that is we have to be on it.

We're quite streaky under Howe and have a bit if momentum now, but given the injuries blighting the squad and our inconsistency on the road, it wouldn't be remotely surprising if we dropped points at Palace, Man United or Brentford.

If we win the last 6 we'll finish 5th, like. Doubt Spurs will win 3 of their last 6 games. 

Just can't see us winning 6 on the bounce even if the fixtures are quite favourable. 13 points with at least 1 being against Man U will give us a great chance of top 6.