The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Brentford? Fairly sure they don't like. :lol: I was looking at an article earlier in the week and they were 8th. We were 3rd behind Arsenal and City. 

And its not happening at home for us? Today was the first time in 16 games that we haven't scored 2+ at home. The only sides with a better home record than us are City and Arsenal. 

We're so much better than people on here give us credit for. :lol: we're still in every competition playing two games a week. The team is doing remarkably well. We finished 6th last year ffs. 

You've done well but howay. You already had a better squad than the likes of Spurs and have spent a further £250m and giving out £400k p/w contracts. 

We are starting Jacob Murphy and bringing Matt Ritchie on for comparison [emoji38]

Casemiro's has had a pretty eventful time in the league recently :lol:.

Sent off vs Palace, missed Leeds x 2 and Leicester through suspension, back for the 0-7 defeat to Liverpool, and then sent off again vs Southampton, and will miss 3 further league matches (as well as the Fulham FA Cup match).

Man United have 3rd in the bag and rightly so with the money they have spent , they are a level below Man City and Arsenal but a level above us and Spurs . Liverpool are better than them but for whatever reason they have massively under performed this season.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Beat Man Utd at home and things look very interesting...

We'll need to be more on it than we were in the cup final. I think some of our players have lacked self belief in the recent games against big sides, but hopefully Isak, Willock and Joelinton back in the side will give our lads some of that pep we've been missing.

Just now, TRon said:

We'll need to be more on it than we were in the cup final. I think some of our players have lacked self belief in the recent games against big sides, but hopefully Isak, Willock and Joelinton back in the side will give our lads some of that pep we've been missing.

And no Casimero for them.

Just now, madras said:

And no Casimero for them.

Aye he bossed us at Wembley. But I'm thinking with our regular midfield back in action, it might be a different story when we meet them again.

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Casemiro's has had a pretty eventful time in the league recently :lol:.

Sent off vs Palace, missed Leeds x 2 and Leicester through suspension, back for the 0-7 defeat to Liverpool, and then sent off again vs Southampton, and will miss 3 further league matches (as well as the Fulham FA Cup match).

Get him some rest for the European games. 

Fingers crossed we get the win at forest before the international break. Do feel that break has come at the perfect time for us. All of our CM field options will be staying at home which is perfect for us at this stage. Another 2 weeks to really push Targett, and I’m assuming Wilson won’t make the England squad so he gets a chance to try come back to form and fitness. 

The thing with Liverpool, even though there fixtures look bad, they actually seem to play better against the "bigger" teams. So wouldn't be shocked if they picked up a lot of points from that run. 

Doesn't matter though. We just need to hit a run ourselves now to give us any kind of chance. Still think spurs will continue to pick up enough wins unless Kane gets injured. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're going at exactly 2 PPG at home and 1.5 ppg away. It'll take us to 66 points if we keep that up the rest of the season. Might fall short but I'd be pretty chuffed with the effort if that's where we land.

whats 66 pts usually place wise in table?

4th is still within reach but we need to keep winning and Spurs need a slip or two. Liverpool need to slip more too. I will be over the moon if we make Europe and hoping it’s a European competition we end up with. Which one is really not my focus anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

4th is still within reach but we need to keep winning and Spurs need a slip or two. Liverpool need to slip more too. I will be over the moon if we make Europe and hoping it’s a European competition we end up with. Which one is really not my focus anymore. 

Aye 6 wins out of 11 gets Spurs to 66. I reckon we'll need 70 at least.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I don’t think we’ll finish top 4 now. I think Spurs will slip up on it as they do, but it will be Liverpool who grab it.

I just don't want us to miss out on European football, because it would be such a shame if we lost out on it now, even the Europa Conference would do if we can’t grab a Europe League place.