Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's the absolute worst

I'm glad it's not just me.  Every missed chance or misplaced pass "He REALLY should be doing better with that." 

Has the most annoying, whiney voice and all.  

Horatio Hindsight Hinchcliffe.  Can't abide him. 

I wouldn't mind his bullshit as much if he wasn't also one of those commentators that feels the need to fill every conceivable moment with his voice. So not only is he talking shite, but he's talking shite constantly.

Can you imagine him and Darren Fletcher together, man, it would be absolutely relentless. Like Phil Spector's Wall of Sound, but with shite hindsight tidbits and the sound of someone who gets frights easily. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Leicester reserves that only really didn't include Maddison. [emoji38]

Tbf they are missing Pereira, regen, Evans & Justin as well. All whom would probably have started if fit.

Would love to hear him commentate on Messi after he skins four players and puts it on a plate for a teammate to sky over. “Messi just needs to be more selfish there, he should be getting that yard of space and taking a shot on, guiding it along the ground, taking a touch.” Aye righto mate. The total lack of awareness was baffling, seemed to have no conception that what he was saying offered no insight as anyone can wait until something has already happened then critique it 

18 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I noticed that before the game when the players were doing their warming up drills in front  of the East Stand, that Matt Ritchie was with the starting 11. The subs were over in front of the Milburn.

I had to count the starting 11 several times to make sure he wouldn’t be starting (I hadnt seen the line up by then).

wonder what the reason for that was.

Doing a bit of coaching? Observing the drills??

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Tbf they are missing Pereira, regen, Evans & Justin as well. All whom would probably have started if fit.

Dewsbury Hall, Maddison,  they were all that usually are missing, Ricardo hardly plays for them, injured all the time. So looked like they usually look minus the two I mentioned, selling Schmeichel and not replacing him, and continuing to play Amartey at CB is the managers problem. They're regressing, their fans are nuts if they cant see this and want to pretend it's the reserves out there.[emoji38]

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Dewsbury Hall, Maddison,  they were all that usually are missing, Ricardo hardly plays for them, injured all the time. So looked like they usually look minus the two I mentioned, selling Schmeichel and not replacing him, and continuing to play Amartey at CB is the managers problem. They're regressing, their fans are nuts if they cant see this and want to pretend it's the reserves out there.[emoji38]

Think it's a combination from what I've read, but as you say very much on Rodgers. A lot of it's to do with King Power not making any money due to people in China not going anywhere for 3 years - so they can't buy anyone, then injuries, and Rodgers. The injuries you could maybe put on Rodgers as well, they get injuries regularly and I remember reading that Rodgers insists on his own training regime that fucks the players up. 

Reading on their forum they seem very, very anti-Rodgers like. 

8 hours ago, TotalWar said:

I noticed that before the game when the players were doing their warming up drills in front  of the East Stand, that Matt Ritchie was with the starting 11. The subs were over in front of the Milburn.

I had to count the starting 11 several times to make sure he wouldn’t be starting (I hadnt seen the line up by then).

wonder what the reason for that was.

Is it not so they can do 6 players vs 5 players drills?

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Listened to Rodger's interview after the game and he's desperate for a job here. Was the same when we beat them at their place a few weeks ago

Spoke to a Leicester supporting mate earlier. Said similar to him. 

Must piss you off as a Leicester fan when both games, before and after. He just praised NUFC loads.  Even after the games, he almost looked happy. Casually chatting away to Howe and not looking arsed that they’ve just been played off the park. 

36 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is it not so they can do 6 players vs 5 players drills?

Aye, more or less.

Whoever is playing DM is the “spare” man in an 11-man possession drill. He’s on the side of whoever has the ball.