League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Specifically says "if your regular PL seat not purchased" above. Guess they just missed out the bit about also being able to buy an extra one. You can do that for league games IIRC?

Never understood why season ticket holders get an extra seat anyway, they already have a ticket by definition.

STs cost includes a membership. So guess they’ve got to have the same benefits.

It minimises rogue fans using memberships for away fans for certain games (eg Liverpool a few year back) as if seats traced back to STs they’ve more to lose if any bother.

Nothing stopping paying for more than one membership (without ST) when they were on sale. 

That’s the best logic I can come up with ?

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Just for info mate... I've spoke to the box office and he told me that I can buy my seat now, then I'll be able to buy an extra 1 with my number and 1 with he bairns number on Monday as season ticket holders are also members. 

I went over it a couple of times to. confirm so if it's wrong I'll be fairly pissed off. 

Nice one mate cheers won't tell her just incase I don't get one like...

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

It minimises rogue fans using memberships for away fans for certain games (eg Liverpool a few year back) as if seats traced back to STs they’ve more to lose if any bother.

Nothing stopping paying for more than one membership (without ST) when they were on sale. 

That’s exactly it. ST holders have paid to be members. 

If they want to change that next season, fair enough, knock the £35 off the price of a ST. But you can’t really do it mid-season when people have already paid.

Wasn't able to get an away ticket for this, however Southamptons efforts at stopping away fans getting in the home end has failed, as I was registered on their site way before their cutoff.

They've gone to general sale and there is so many tickets not sold yet. I can just pick to sit pretty much anywhere.

On 17/01/2023 at 10:27, bowlingcrofty said:

image.thumb.png.d4257bf9d511388a2a59ad3e7c895f6b.png

booked our ST seats in the gallowgate.

my brother got his in the milburn paddock.

he wants to sit near us so i rang box office and they said tickets had already been printed so i couldnt cancel or switch his.

but they were adamant he could book an extra ticket next week when goes to member sale.

if he manages, i may have a spare for the milburn paddock

20 hours ago, LFEE said:

Well they don't 'have' to, it's s choice either way. Like I said, I get it when we can't fill the ground, but right now it should be removed IMO. 

I'll probably make up a fictional person next season to buy an extra membership. 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

It feels like the ticketing is becoming a bit of a mess, in all honesty. 

The thing is, it’s a ‘mess’ everywhere where demand outstrips supply, because there really isn’t a ‘good’ way of dealing with that.

Man Utd have this ballot system for aways ( granted I don’t have a clue how it works) and their fans are forever whinging about it. All you hear from Liverpool fans is that ‘Anfield is full of tourists’. Arsenal and Spurs fans have gripes.

It’s an inevitable consequence of being a big/successful club.

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

Wasn't able to get an away ticket for this, however Southamptons efforts at stopping away fans getting in the home end has failed, as I was registered on their site way before their cutoff.

They've gone to general sale and there is so many tickets not sold yet. I can just pick to sit pretty much anywhere.

I don't know if it's changed in the last hour, but I registered after the cutoff (after the draw was made), and I managed to get three tickets today.

5 minutes ago, Cort said:

I don't know if it's changed in the last hour, but I registered after the cutoff (after the draw was made), and I managed to get three tickets today.

Depending on what the postcode is you’ve used to register, I’d be wary of them cancelling the tickets before you get them.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

The thing is, it’s a ‘mess’ everywhere where demand outstrips supply, because there really isn’t a ‘good’ way of dealing with that.

Man Utd have this ballot system for aways ( granted I don’t have a clue how it works) and their fans are forever whinging about it. All you hear from Liverpool fans is that ‘Anfield is full of tourists’. Arsenal and Spurs fans have gripes.

It’s an inevitable consequence of being a big/successful club.

Man Utd's away ticket system is pretty much a ballot but I think you have to have be a ST holder and been to x number of cup games one season in order to enter next season's ballot. But there's no guarantees of getting any tickets because of the fact that it's a ballot and thousands apply.

All systems where demand is high either are a closed shop or you've got negligible chance as we're seeing. 

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man Utd's away ticket system is pretty much a ballot but I think you have to have be a ST holder and been to x number of cup games one season in order to enter next season's ballot. But there's no guarantees of getting any tickets because of the fact that it's a ballot and thousands apply.

All systems where demand is high either are a closed shop or you've got negligible chance as we're seeing. 

Yeah, I don’t really like the idea of ballots tbh. I get that in some ways they can be argued to be the fairest way, but the situation we’re in, you’ve got some lads (and lasses) who been to just about every game for years and years, and now because we’ve got good and everyone wants to go see us, you’d be saying to them, sorry it’s now pot luck whether you get a ticket. That would seem shit.

Equally, it’s definitely an area of concern that youngsters, who’ve not been around long enough to accrue much in the way of points, aren’t going to get that chance. I do think they’ll have a bit more chance going forward when we’re playing more games with Europe etc, but still.

As ever though, no easy solution.

I think the worst possible is the same 2000 people get to go to every away game. Nobody else can even earn loyalty points. I mean, I've been going to matches for 20 years and I have none :lol:

Think a percentage by ballot and a percentage by loyalty might be the answer. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the worst possible is the same 2000 people get to go to every away game. Nobody else can even earn loyalty points. I mean, I've been going to matches for 20 years and I have none :lol:

My mates who go away rely on one or two with a load of points to get everyone’s tickets.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

My mates who go away rely on one or two with a load of points to get everyone’s tickets.

That's how I've got any away tickets I've had, but of course I don't get any loyalty points for going in that case. So I'll never build any up, even though I'm doing the thing that is supposed to earn them.

I know a fair number of people who don’t go to aways anymore, just buy a ticket and sell it every game. They’ve all got 200+ loyalties and basically do it for Sunderland away (if it ever happens) or on the off chance we ever get to a final or Europe with a small allocation. Infuriating.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

On the face of it, that would seem like a reasonable compromise. 

However I think West Ham tried something similar to this recently and it didn’t really work for whatever reason.

I guess you look at a game like Bournemouth, that is going to sell out at something ridiculous like 160/170 points. If you had given 10/20% to ballot, it would be 180. If you’re on 175 points and have been travelling all over, can’t get a ticket, but folk on 0 points have nabbed one in a ballot, you’re gonna be pissed off.

I don’t know the answers. Reading social media (I know, I know…), you’ve almost got two camps. The camp that can get tickets who think no-one else was arsed until the takeover, and the camp that can’t get tickets that think everyone that can has been fiddling the system by selling them on. Neither view is correct, but that’s where we are.

Ideally tickets would be tied to ID so you would only buy one if you can physically go. 

Even then though, it would take someone a couple of of decades of being able to get a ticket to get anywhere near the top of the loyalty queue. 

It’s not possible to solve really.

24 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I know a fair number of people who don’t go to aways anymore, just buy a ticket and sell it every game. They’ve all got 200+ loyalties and basically do it for Sunderland away (if it ever happens) or on the off chance we ever get to a final or Europe with a small allocation. Infuriating.

Sure that’s very common. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sure that’s very common. 

I’m not sure how common it is really. Not doubting that it happens and  @bowlingcrofty does know some of the folk that do it, but there’s not that many with massive points (see the Bournemouth game currently on sale) and a lot of those are regulars who go week in week out.

If they were able to prevent it somehow, I certainly don’t think you’d see points totals to sell out dropping significantly lower.

Although that’s all just opinion obviously.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well they don't 'have' to, it's s choice either way. Like I said, I get it when we can't fill the ground, but right now it should be removed IMO. 

I'll probably make up a fictional person next season to buy an extra membership. 

They’d be on shaky grounds if they didn’t as being a ST holder is being a member. The cost is included on top of paying in advance for every game.

Or a family member or a friend ?

6 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Aye I know a load like that too.

I wouldn’t be against names of the purchaser being printed on the ticket and having to show ID at the opposition’s ground to get in tbh. Although then again, that is harsh on the lads and lasses who go every week off someone else’s season ticket.

No idea what the solution is. But I do know that whatever they do, there’s going to be loads of people pissed off.