Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Guest reefatoon
16 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t know where this started but it’s getting on me tits. 

If you took away @AyeDubbleYoo ‘s tits he would be enjoying the gag.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Expected him get some time off after the Euros? 

Great attitude if he's decided to come back early.

This is what I thought he should do personally, keep the fitness going, as he barely had a season like the rest of ours so shouldn't need much rest.

Edited by BonesJones

There's some quotes from him a couple of pages back saying he didn't feel like he was in the shape he needed to be last season, and was going to use the U21 euros to get in better shape for this season. If he's serious about that, it goes without saying that he can't take an extended break away from the squad afterwards, but good on him for following up on his own words.

He will be coming in with a higher base level of fitness then others, so may not have to ramp up to more intense training as quick as others. So while he's not having much of a break, I trust the  trainers are going to give him the right routine to get him ready for the season while not burning him out

Definitely looked a lot sharper. Obviously confidence-wise after the euros he’s on cloud nine. He’ll be useful for us out wide and as a number 10 this season. Nice dribbling and passing. Looking forward to seeing more from him this season. 

Razor sharp 2nd half. Be interesting to see if he plays majority of his games LW or RW this coming season. I think he's a lot more comfortable at LW receiving the ball back to goal and then drifting across the pitch. Seems to beat players for fun that way.

Was getting way too much hate last season; is it just his face that people don’t like about him? In his limited appearances for us he’s not been terrible or anything. Big fee, sure, but he’s still really young and (save getting a bit miffed after being substituted off that one time) he’s conducted himself very well while he’s been here. Lad’s got pace, desire and the willingness to improve, hope he puts it all together for a great upcoming season.

14 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Was getting way too much hate last season; is it just his face that people don’t like about him?

Was a bit of that, but I think more the fact we paid £40m for him and he didn’t exactly blow the doors off the barn.

He was also arriving from a basket case of a club having worked under a manager in Frank Lampard that is closer to Bruce than Bielsa. He said himself he was nowhere near fit enough and given how in-form most of our squad was I'm not shocked he didn't hit the ground running.