Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Why would Liverpool even need him? He's really good but splashing the cash on him when they have Diaz and Gakpo playing the same position wouldn't make any sense from their squad's perspective. Honestly think it's a load of nonsense and not worth thinking about.

My boss is a Liverpool fan and he said exactly this about Gordon. He said they only ever seem to get linked with left wingers despite having Gakpo and Diaz as well as options like Jota, Elliott and Nunez who could potentially play there and yet on the right they've basically got an ageing Salah and that's it :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

My boss is a Liverpool fan and he said exactly this about Gordon. He said they only ever seem to get linked with left wingers despite having Gakpo and Diaz as well as options like Jota, Elliott and Nunez who could potentially play there and yet on the right they've basically got an ageing Salah and that's it :lol:

Gordon is perfectly fine on the right. *ducks the drinks being thrown at me*.

3 hours ago, Rod said:

It's nonsense Liverpool journalism.  Why can't people see it?

I agree it probably is. The end of June just has me a little spooked to be honest.

I’ll get nervous if a Saudi club randomly comes in for Diaz or Jota for like £60m, because then suddenly Liverpool have the funds and space to make a serious run.

Currently, they don’t need him, and their funds are better spent either CM or in defence. 

They have an abundance of young players who Slot will want to see first 6 months of season before deciding things, which would make it paramount we get a new deal to Gordon and signed in that time. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Reckon it might have been his agent working himself to get an improved deal?

All of the things can be true at once.

He could have been interested in a move to Liverpool.

He could be happy at Newcastle.

His agent could want him a new contract and is stiring the pot.

Also worth remembering that if we were to reject a 75m bid for him, for example, then his agent will want him to get the wage of a 75m pound player.

We have to pay him what he's worth. He should get money just below Brunos.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

All of the things can be true at once.

He could have been interested in a move to Liverpool.

He could be happy at Newcastle.

His agent could want him a new contract and is stiring the pot.

Also worth remembering that if we were to reject a 75m bid for him, for example, then his agent will want him to get the wage of a 75m pound player.

We have to pay him what he's worth. He should get money just below Brunos.

Agreed.  Hopefully this all gets sorted nice and quick. 

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Well we know there wasn’t nothing going on. Agent can say the speculation has been distracting and AG doesn’t know if the club want him or not.. which is a valid argument.

He’s smart enough to know what the deal would have been financially, with PSR.. and he’s smart enough enough to take advantage of the current situation.

I believe as far as NUFC and the Dippers are concerned, that discussion has concluded.

So any stories being rehashed will now be coming from the agent. But it’s only positive if he signs a new contract, he’s earned one

2 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

If rumours of his current contract ending in 2026 are true then this makes so much sense for us.

He's one of the 4 untouchables as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably being stupid, but who's the fourth untouchable?

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

My friend, Big Joe is here.

Which is hilarious considering how he started at the club.

But he is absolutely an untouchable.

Edited by Joe1984

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Best scenario for us tbh. Gets him on a longer contract which he deserves, and kills the Liverpool talk stone dead.

There should be no "untouchables" if we want to progress, just players we would only let go if an offer too good to refuse comes in or if their value is only going to go down (contract ending, player agitating for a move).