Anthony Gordon

Jack27

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

For me, that's what I would call 'flair'. 

It's all semantics really.  To me a flair player is someone who will pull out tricks and wild skills.  A creative player is one who thinks differently and will play a pass or make a run that others wouldn't attempt - but perhaps thY is vision?  Football manager has a lot to answer for!  

Edited by simonsays

11 minutes ago, simonsays said:

It's all semantics really.  To me a flair player is someone who will pull out tricks and wild skills.  A creative player is one who thinks differently and will play a pass or make a run that others wouldn't attempt - but perhaps thY is vision?  Football manager has a lot to answer for!  

I was literally about to post that :laugh: I can see where everyone is coming from, basically.

Although, if that pass he put through in the five minutes of football he got against Slovakia(?) wasn't creative, I don't know what is.

Edited by 80

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Starting to get concerned about this, feel like we should have had some kind of emphatic statement if losing him is a definite no. 

No news is good news, we are no longer in the Ashley era 

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

So you don’t think being that constant outlet then often gathering the ball, driving down the left putting them on the back foot before making space to either get a shot off or assisting someone else isn’t being creative. What do you want him to do, stop and bake a cake whilst doing it?

I just see that more as being effective than creative. As I said above, probably just me who has a more narrow definition of what creative means :thup:

19 hours ago, manorpark said:

If he is back and has not felt the need to speak out and rubbish all the speculation about him possibly going to Liverpool . . . what does that tell you??

He's told @Shadow Puppets just to get him away from his house😉

Edited by huss9

Just now, black_n_white said:

If he does go, and I really hope he doesn’t, would the club feel like we’ve got enough cover on the left with Willock, Joelinton, Barnes and even Isak / Osula? The money would go on a starting centerback and right sided forward I guess?

Hypothetically, yeah I think that's the way to go. Not ideal, but our right is weaker than our left.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

If he does go, and I really hope he doesn’t, would the club feel like we’ve got enough cover on the left with Willock, Joelinton, Barnes and even Isak / Osula? The money would go on a starting centerback and right sided forward I guess?

Yep, not sure we would have time either to replace him with top quality.

18 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Means some money has gone it. More likely that than insider info imo.

Or even Sky trying to bait people into thinking something interesting's happening so they jump on the bandwagon.

There’s definitely something going on; the Liverpool links are incessant. No smoke without fire etc. The reported 2 years left on his contract is a worry (as well our our PSR position next June) but still fairly hopeful we can tie him down to a new deal soon and all of this goes away.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

There’s definitely something going on; the Liverpool links are incessant. No smoke without fire etc. The reported 2 years left on his contract is a worry (as well our our PSR position next June) but still fairly hopeful we can tie him down to a new deal soon and all of this goes away.

Thats not definite at all though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Personally think if he was leaving, he'd have left in June and Minteh would still be here, probably Anderson too. Don't think we'll sell now. 

I've a slight worry that Liverpool haven't signed anyone yet, however I'm convinced Gordon wants to stay.