Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Expected to start tonight according to the press. Delighted for him if true (and us as he needs matches for fitness).

He's the featured player on the official England "Game Day" poster on all the social channels too so it's pretty nailed on

Nice little shade against Gareth when he starts as well. I respect Gareth for what he achieved and I think he’s a decent person but he was a terrible manager tactically for anything other than defensive shape 

21 hours ago, gbandit said:

Good interview from Gordon, gives me a lot of confidence that Carsley’s going to be a coach that lets the players express themselves more 

Totally different level and not sure if we’ll see it with the senior team. But the stuff he had the U21s playing was great. There was a really good analysis piece on Twitter breaking it down in like 3-4 minutes. Night and day to what we watched with Southgate. 

22 hours ago, SteV said:

He gives absolutely fascinating interviews like:

https://youtu.be/RxbK0lC-UpY?si=Qe1lQ3l6Xq3qKph-

From interviews I’ve seen. He seems like a deep thinker. Very focused and driven. Clearly has a lot of self-confident without coming across arrogant.

Never thought of him like this before he signed. Don’t judge a book by its cover and all that. 

12 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Decent first half from him, not much in the 2nd half.

Terrible finish in the 1v1 though but at least it still led to a goal.

I agree, finishing is by far the weakest part of his game. If he could just improve it a bit, he would be an elite winger. 

14 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I agree, finishing is by far the weakest part of his game. If he could just improve it a bit, he would be an elite winger. 

He also isn’t great at taking his man on. Feels a bit one dimensional in that sense, fairly predictable 

slowly getting back to peak fitness and confidence.

he was right in his interview - at the end of last season he was unplayable at times with his confidence sky high. hopefully back there in a couple of weeks.

he really was a no-brainer for southgate. idiot.

46 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

He also isn’t great at taking his man on. Feels a bit one dimensional in that sense, fairly predictable 

He is pretty great at getting past players whilst on the move. Problem is as he reaches the left side of the box,  defender(s) just blocks the cut in on his right. He did go outside and pop at least one cross in with his left, but it didn’t seem to put any doubt in Coleman’s or Brady’s mind and they still just blocked off his signature move.