Anthony Gordon

Jack27

19 minutes ago, Adam said:

just so different to others

honest and full of self confidence.

intelligent.

not afraid to say "yeah i thought i did well".

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Such a smart lad. 

Only negative I can see is he might get overconfident because of his intelligence, but no real evidence of that at the moment. 

class interviewee isnt he?

am sure his interview at the euros pissed southgate off.

5 hours ago, Aiston said:

Decent first half from him, not much in the 2nd half.

Terrible finish in the 1v1 though but at least it still led to a goal.

This. Did canny. Nothing great. Never feel confident when he’s 1v1.

He looked a little sharper yesterday compared to the first few games for us. But he noticeably started flagging midway through the second half and was rightly hauled off.

I agree with the chat that he would be top 5 if he had a better end product. You would hope that the coaches are working night and day with him on his shooting and crossing techniques.  

Just now, David Edgar said:

He looked a little sharper yesterday compared to the first few games for us. But he noticeably started flagging midway through the second half and was rightly hauled off.

I agree with the chat that he would be top 5 if he had a better end product. You would hope that the coaches are working night and day with him on his shooting and crossing techniques.  

Yeah he’s not a deadly finisher but was showing improved finishing signs last season. 

8 hours ago, Adam said:

Speaks very well. Bit concerned how he seems willing to answer any question put to him. Could do with being a bit more guarded, e.g. not sure he should be freely sharing opinion on what Grealish likes, needs, or doesn’t, could piss a team mate off. Especially a far more senior one. 

Same with him declaring the Euros a failure in that ITV interview. He’s right obviously but the lads who actually played every/most minutes and got to the final probably won’t appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Same with him declaring the Euros a failure in that ITV interview. He’s right obviously but the lads who actually played every/most minutes and got to the final probably won’t appreciate it. 

They will know who that is aimed at

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Such a British thing to say. 

Well, he speaks very freely and confidently, the downside being he might make a mistake where another player would be keeping quiet and delivering meaningless cliches.

I’m not saying he will, just a possible negative.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Such a British thing to say. 

Yeah, we tend to take issue with people who let everyone know that they think very highly of themselves.

One of the best things about Britain imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus

18 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

He also isn’t great at taking his man on. Feels a bit one dimensional in that sense, fairly predictable 

I know what you are saying, he doesn't have the tricks in the box you would get from someone like Ben Arfa or Maxi, but I think that can also be seen as a strength. He's very direct and doesn't waste time with stepovers and other showboating, probably well appreciated by team mates.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, we tend to take issue with people who let everyone know that they think very highly of themselves.

One of the best things about Britain imo.

:lol:

14 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Such a smart lad. 

Only negative I can see is he might get overconfident because of his intelligence, but no real evidence of that at the moment. 

He could also do whatever he did at Everton, leaving fans chasing him down the street...

Can't see it happening though, he comes across as an intelligent, likeable person.

Thought a few were putting 2+2 together when they said Gordon wasn’t getting anymore game time because of what he said at FT after his 5 minute cameo in the Euros. Looks like Southgate actually was upset by it. 

And because he fell off his bike. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13826443/Anthony-Gordons-stock-Gareth-Southgate-fell-bike-hes-proving-missing-gear-interim-boss-Lee-Carsley.html

He does talk a lot does Gordon, mind. I respect the confidence and it's clearly an asset because he's fiercely determined to turn it into performances, but he's got a fair bit to prove still after one brilliant season. Dearly hope his head hasn't been too turned because he's got everything he needs at this club to improve as a player.